General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help with message board postings

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

James

James Report 18 Mar 2004 13:50

Hi, Just a quick daft question. Whenever I try and write my messages in paragraphs as soon as I post them they turn into one huge lump. I have tried lines of spaces, hitting the enter key, even a bit of <br> <p> but it doesnt seem to make any different. What am I doing wrong? Could someone please help me so i can groan and says well thats obvious isnt it!

Janet

Janet Report 18 Mar 2004 13:53

It's not just you, James - relax! This is how you get around it. Just type in 'see below' and then add a 'reply' to your own thread, where you can properly format everything. That's what several people do, and it does make it easier to read! Janet

Barbara

Barbara Report 18 Mar 2004 13:55

Hi James, If you want paragraphs just write "see below" in the body of your message and put your message in as the first reply. the replies seem to accept paragraphs but the message part does not. hope this helps, happy hunting! Barbara

James

James Report 18 Mar 2004 13:59

Thanks Janet and Barbara. I was pulling my hair out over that one! I could see other people writing in paragraphs and could work out why I couldnt

Janet

Janet Report 18 Mar 2004 14:07

You're welcome James. Easy when you know how, isn't it?! Janet

Scatty Patty

Scatty Patty Report 18 Mar 2004 22:53

James, I don't have any difficulty writing proper paragraphs now that I've discovered that all you have to do is put in a line space at the end of a section as you would if you wrote a letter. I've done it here to show you. Pat