General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Any more from Halifax?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

T J

T J Report 19 Mar 2004 19:19

I just wondered how many more people on this site are from Halifax in West Yorkshire or immediate surrounding areas Curiosity I guess! Regards Tracy

Elizabeth

Elizabeth Report 19 Mar 2004 19:28

Hi, I was born in Halifax and grew up around Norwood Green and Hipperholme, now living in Oakenshaw. Liz

Chrissy

Chrissy Report 20 Mar 2004 09:38

Hi Tracy, I was born in Halifax many years ago and lived in Brighouse, still have relatives up there left around age 5/6 still consider myself a Yorkie and lots of happy memories like St Chads school and Lightcliffe . Christine.

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Mar 2004 10:20

Wakefield here :-)

Emma

Emma Report 20 Mar 2004 11:25

I'm just outside of Huddersfield Emma.

T J

T J Report 22 Mar 2004 20:12

Just four - we yorkies are out numbered by those from the southern areas of the country. Tut tut.

Caz

Caz Report 30 Jul 2004 19:01

oops, just spotted this one... From Halifax originally (Pye Nest) Carole

Tracey

Tracey Report 30 Jul 2004 22:48

Me too!! Born and bred in Beechwood near Sowerby. Lived in Bolton for last nine and a half years. All my family are still in Sowerby Bridge and i go to my parents every Sunday. Still a yorkie at heart but i like it here too! Tracey

Caz

Caz Report 1 Aug 2004 11:14

Hi Tracey from Bolton My mother and her sisters were born and bred in Beechwood too. Tillotson Avenue. Many of my ancestors are from Sowerby. Carole

Anne

Anne Report 1 Aug 2004 12:40

My brother lives in Todmorden, and I was in Halifax for about 2 hours, so I was in a manner of speaking from Halifax once, yea I know I'll get my coat. Lynda

Dave the Tyke

Dave the Tyke Report 2 Aug 2004 11:28

Born in Boothtown, raised in Wibsey and Great Horton, living in Guiseley xx Dave

Hazel

Hazel Report 14 Jan 2005 14:57

I had to add mine too....altho I dont think I count, my father was born and raised in Hebden Bridge, and most of my relatives were too, BUT i was born elsewhere ,but feel drawn to the place, I just love it....So ok I shud say, I wasnt born there, but I wish I had been!!! <Definately gets her coat!!! lol> Haze x~x