General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If you could spend the whole weekend doing anythin

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 21 Mar 2004 22:33

Forget about the housework,shopping,cooking,and every day chores....I would.... Have a full english breakfast not cooked by me, I would watch my favorite film in bed, Have a long and hot soak in the bath, Have a long lunch with my girlie friends, shop for anything that caught my eye, Have a massage, sunbed & haircut, Listen to MY music loud, Read a new book,. Order a takeaway that was my choice Oh well, back to the wasing up................

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 21 Mar 2004 22:38

Rosie I think you've said it all, it sounds absolute bliss. from exhausted Sue

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Mar 2004 23:26

oh Maz! Hope you win through and so does he and I hope you have plenty of support. Thinking of you, Jo.x

Iz

Iz Report 21 Mar 2004 23:33

Maz, I feel for you -hope things work out for you both. Isobel x

Andy

Andy Report 22 Mar 2004 00:40

Fly back to Germany for a weekend, where I used to lived. Meet up with mates whom I used to work with. Engage in a bit of sight-seeing during the afternoon. Possibly go out for an Italian meal at a restaurant. Have a few drinks round at mate's flat, listen to some "going out" music. Hit the "Altstadt", couple of drinks in one of the Irish bars, a caipirinha or two in a Brazilian bar. Much against my better judgement, a few tequilas at a little Mexican bar that does cheap tequila shots. Round the evening off by going to a rock bar, dance stupidly and try not to spill someone's drink! Pork sarny with extra crackling from one of the Altstadt's many eateries. Following day, lie-in. One of my favourite bands is playing a gig today and we have tickets in advance as luck would have it. Catch the train to venue, complete with minging hangover. Buy concert shirt, listen to the opening act who for once don't suck. Sing along badly when the main act perform their set. Head back, collapse for the evening, a few drinks more. Fly back home the following day.

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 22 Mar 2004 08:32

i would like breakfast in bed prepared by someone else go shoping and find stuff that i like and can afford have dinner at McDonalds...yummy watch a Grand Prix in which MS doesn't win watch Leicester city beat Man U....well it is a dream have a nap to prepare me for going to see U2 live in concert in the evening wat a day......

Trish

Trish Report 22 Mar 2004 09:58

The day would start with breakfast that someone has prepared for us and then head towards a deserted beach which we could walk along and explore the rock pools etc.. Lunch in a country pub and then a good walk across the moors. Back to wherever for a good long soak in the bath and then out to another country pub for dinner. For the evening we'd settle down to watch some good horror/sci-fi movies.

Andy

Andy Report 22 Mar 2004 10:50

Lou, after this weekend, I wholeheartedly agree with you about seeing a grand prix not being won by one M.Schumacher. Don't think I can stomach another Ferrari dominating season like 2002. Andy

Unknown

Unknown Report 22 Mar 2004 11:25

I'd just spend the time with my wife and my son... nothing else I'd rather do...

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 22 Mar 2004 14:57

andy the trouble is that none of the other cars and drivers can match him yet but hopefully some1 will soon the good thing about sunday was that montoya and button also got on the podium aswell

John

John Report 22 Mar 2004 15:31

I'd have to do genealogy stuff of course! That is if the CROs and libraries etc were open. If not, do a jigsaw, play the piano and go for a long walk with my wife and son.

Teresa In Canada

Teresa In Canada Report 23 Mar 2004 07:58

My husband and I actually do this every chance we get. We take a short one hour drive to Banff in the middle of the Rocky mountains. We have a favourite spot to look down over Moraine lake, basking in the beauty of this grand land. Then it's off to the hot springs for a long soak followed by dinner at our favourite New Orleans stye restaurant. We sleep in late the next day and do pretty much the same thing this time with a hike and a lunch of ham sandwiches and potato salad. Ahhhhhh!

Debbi

Debbi Report 23 Mar 2004 12:21

As the mother of a 20 month old baby who wont sleep in his bed and wont sleep all night, I would spend nearly all the time asleep...just to have a long stretch with no interuptions would be bliss, then I would wake up just in time to see Montoya win the Grand Prix and the news flash that MS has retired due to being fed up with winning all the time. Debbi

Natalie

Natalie Report 23 Mar 2004 13:17

I would have dinner with Sean Connery and see where we go from there lol Would love to see a Williams 1 & 2 in the Grand Prix because then I could afford to go away for the weekend lol

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 23 Mar 2004 18:29

i'd go back to the days before hubby and i were married and had the children, you know, when you still go squirmy when you look at each other? We used to lie in bed ALL DAY on Sundays just drinking tea and watching telly, listening to Phil Collins, being romantic and snuggling (etc). We still talk about it now 10 years on! Also I think Schumi is fantastic but i know what you mean, its getting sooo boring...

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 23 Mar 2004 18:34

Nothing spectacular I`m afraid, I would love to spend the whole weekend,at a quiet secluded lake,`Just Fishing`.AHHHH.

Peter

Peter Report 24 Mar 2004 05:30

Rosie, Sounds like I could do worse than spending it with you -- I like surprises ! lol! Peter