General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Warning to those about to renew..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 22 Mar 2004 11:18

Don't click on the "print cheque details" page. The icons for renewal have been coming and going on my screen so I thought I would print the cheque page so that if I couldn't renew any other way, at least I could stick a cheque in the post. Ever since then the system has been treating me as a non-member for the most part. I have not been able to contact other members, or see their trees, and most attempts to post a message have told me I am not a member!! I am a member - my sub does not expire until 8 April!! Have had a mail from GC today telling me they've fixed the icon problem, but have had no acknowledgement of the fact that my access to paid services has been withdrawn, even tho I am still a paid up member!! Hoping they will fix it - soon!!

Lindy

Lindy Report 22 Mar 2004 11:25

Maggie, I had the same problem regarding postings. A few weeks before my membership expired I could read the threads but not contribute or post anything. It must be an accounting glitch. Lindy:-)))

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 22 Mar 2004 11:31

Lindy, Thanks for that - makes me feel a bit better to know I'm not alone. This is WEIRD tho - seems this morning I can post some of the time, but no way can I contact other people or see their trees!! Guess I'll just have to be patient until GC find the fault!! (LOL - Ask my Dad what are my strong points, and patience would not and never has been on the list!!).