General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help! Which disc?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jackie

Jackie Report 27 Mar 2004 10:42

I want to purchase discs to help with my research. however there are so many and they never give a good description of what they contain or how useful they may be. Has anyone any suggestions, as I don't want to buy something that will be useless and waste £xx.xx .I have thought about the bertram Merrell Marriage index, Earwakers east Cheshire, Slaters Manchester, Buried in Cheshire, and Ormerods history (Cheshire). I am researching Cheshire and South Manchester mainly. Thanks for any help, Jackie.

Jackie

Jackie Report 27 Mar 2004 15:07

Thanks its a great site, are you researching in Cheshire too. Tried it for Lancashire but that wasn't as good. Jackie

Chris

Chris Report 27 Mar 2004 16:48

Hi Jackie I have the Bertram Merrell Marriage Index, if you would like a look-up let me know Chris

Chris

Chris Report 28 Mar 2004 00:32

William The marriage index is for Cheshire. but I dont think it is complete Chris