General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Its Gone

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 20:58

Just added a message, to test but it has gone it was there but not now. This site is going superfast and thought there might be something wrong so left a message but then it went again. most messages were posted at 20.11 is it just me. also on a couple of the threads it says there are so many replys but when you click on there is none. Debbie

John

John Report 28 Mar 2004 21:00

I can still see "Just Testing".

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 21:03

I could but when I clicked on the general topics on the right, it just went again I have three messages now.

John

John Report 28 Mar 2004 21:08

Do you think she wants to be the originator for all the threads on Page 1!!!! lol. About another nine messages should do it.

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 21:20

No please this is serious, i`m no bonkers (well not yet) to get to read this thread again, I have been pressing into alsorts. and then have finaly decided to press the back button till I came back to here and saw everyone was calling me bonkers. I didnt think there was anyone here. problem is now I am scared to press add message cause I know its going to disappear on me again. And I havnt touched a drop honest. well im pressing ahhhhh

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 21:22

See it happened pressed it and it and none of my message are showing on the general topics board. I pressed back again to get to here.

John

John Report 28 Mar 2004 21:26

What is showing on the GT board for you?

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 28 Mar 2004 21:28

And I replied tp it, maybe I`m mad as well,,,,,,chuckle. Barry

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 21:33

On the GT board at the moment is GC meeting in Essex posted at 20.11. If I go to through the boards on the left it is Max and Jasons Engagement. Is this just me having the problems? Debbie

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 21:34

On the Chat Board is Colin Fieldhouses poems which was ages ago.

Debbie

Debbie Report 28 Mar 2004 21:38

Thanks for that, so has anybody any idea why this is happening. I cant go to far at the moment just in case I lose my way back. I am going to write a new thread now just to annoy everybody, I just want to see if I will be able to see my other threads.

A. Neil

A. Neil Report 29 Mar 2004 17:41

Hi Debbie. Next time take note of the thread number of your message. Put you cursor on your name and it will appear on the bottom of your screen. Hope this helps. Neil

Debbie

Debbie Report 29 Mar 2004 18:40

Hi Neil Thanks for that, I dont think anything would have worked last night. I have taken note of thread numbers before but when I go through all the scrap paper I have laying around they seem to have disappeared. When you said about put the cursor over your name nothing comes up at the bottom as my name is in black, I can do it with other names though. Is your address bar down the bottom because mine is up the top where I type the thread number in. Hope you understand what I have just written because I dont. Debbie

A. Neil

A. Neil Report 29 Mar 2004 23:21

Hi Debbie. My address bar is on the top but on the bottom where it says done after the page has loaded, I can see it. As far as your name being in black try putting the cursor on "update message" and it should show up in the bottom bar. Neil

Debbie

Debbie Report 29 Mar 2004 23:38

Hi Neil Thanks for that, Yes i've got it now. Doh