General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Schools

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 30 Mar 2004 22:37

Hi everyone, Does anyone else have children doing S.A.T.'s this year. Both my children are. (Years 2 & 6)

Sam

Sam Report 30 Mar 2004 22:46

Thanks Karen

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 31 Mar 2004 10:19

My son did SATs in year 2 but the school were really relaxed about it which was great. They also think its pointless. Most of the work was done in the classroom situation so the kids weren't even aware they were being "examined". However, now hes in year 3 and i'm not sure when he does the next lot but i know he will get stressed about it as he already gets stressed out about doing well in spelling etc. Our infant and junior scholls do a really silly red book-blue book punishment-erward system which puts a lot of unnecessary pressrue on the kids.

Debbie

Debbie Report 31 Mar 2004 10:28

Hi All I have just wrote this once then updated it and then it disappeared so have to write it again. Like you Pam my little girl done her SATS in year 2 last year, and they didnt know they were doing them, and she loved doing different work. But now yes there is a lot of pressure in yr3 they recieve Achievment certificates for good work. my little one has about 8, But there is one lovely little boy hes only has 3 and hasnt much confidence. I think if they gave them to him more he would get his confidence. I think they should treat them all the same. Hope your throats not that bad Debbie

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 31 Mar 2004 10:32

We are going through the SATS, yr 6, not only are they cramming so much work in the classroom, they have also been given to projects to complete so far this year. I think it it ridiculous what they are doing. What I have done though, is every Wednesday, I have another child come here after school and the 2 of them get the homework done. I don't have the arguments and they have fun doing it! and the other mum is very happy aswell. Kim

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 31 Mar 2004 14:56

Thanks Deb, antibiotics taking effect now so i'm afraid its back to work tomorrow and no surfing for me as the NHS have blocked the friends reunited site. BOO! Anyway, back to business. Do they do SATS in Year 3? I haven't heard a thing about it if they do?

Unknown

Unknown Report 31 Mar 2004 17:40

I have 3 kids and been through SATS,still one more to go.At the moment one has just got some AS results and doing huge amounts of course work for the other exams. The middle one is doing GCSE exams,she is in yr 10, but they start doing things at different times now. So confusing not really up on it yet!!!!