General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Graveyards - London

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

syljo

syljo Report 31 Mar 2004 18:46

Could somebody tell me the likely graveyard of my grandfather Frans Henry Rosman who died 1908 at 6 Napier House, Union Street, London.?

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 31 Mar 2004 18:55

Union Street in Marylebone? Most of my family were from Central London and when they stopped allowing graves in the centre it became very tricky. Ive found some at East Finchley (which opened in 1840's) but am still trying to track down a lot of them. Sheila

Lynn

Lynn Report 31 Mar 2004 19:20

Hi there, I have just looked at an old A-Z and I see there is a Union Street in Southwark which runs from blackfriars and it seems quite a major road.How about doing a google search.I did have a quick look by putting in,,,graveyards in southwark and got quite a few answers and one being about crossbones..have a look www.google(.)co(.)uk...take out ( ), and go to advanced. I also noticed when scrolling down there is a site called Aks Austin...he may be able to help. Hope this helps Lynn

syljo

syljo Report 31 Mar 2004 19:30

I think the Union St would have been in Marylebone. My grandparents had a tailoring business in centre of London. Their address given on marriage certificate was 5 James, Piccadilly. All very short addresses.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 31 Mar 2004 19:42

Sounds like Marylebone to me too...my family were from St James area (as in St James Park) . When I visited some graves I knew about at East Finchley I asked about possible others.......you have to have a date and lot number before they can point you in the right direction lol if I knew that I wouldnt be looking! Good luck Sheila