General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WHY?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Mary

Mary Report 31 Mar 2004 23:41

Is why the in word?Everytime i say say something dont matter what it is the reply is why. Mary.

Janet

Janet Report 31 Mar 2004 23:43

Well, you know the answer to that don't you? 'Because' .......... or 'Why what?'!!'

Mary

Mary Report 31 Mar 2004 23:51

Karen. No sorry to say its not the 6 year olds,it just seems to be everybody. Mary

Janice

Janice Report 1 Apr 2004 07:38

Karen, I used to ask mine, "Is that a yes grunt or a no grunt?" He's 20 now and back to communicating in English again!! There's light at the end of the tunnel LOL Janice

Natalie

Natalie Report 1 Apr 2004 08:47

Why do you ask? lol

Allie

Allie Report 1 Apr 2004 09:42

I can honestly say that I am delighted that my 3 1/2 yr old son asks me why. He has only just started talking and although it can be frustrating, I am just so pleased hes finally communicating with us! Allie x

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 1 Apr 2004 10:46

they dont get any better with age! my 25 year old still says the same thing when asked to tidy his room why?its my paaaad maaaan! he seems to forget its still MY house! kids eh? susie

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 1 Apr 2004 16:30

Hi Mary. I'm pretty lucky, haven't heard too many people say "why". I owe you and about ten people emails (I've had some problems and now am getting back into genealogy/writing emails) -- hopefully I can write to everyone by the weekend. Talk to you soon.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 1 Apr 2004 17:17

Allie I agree totally, my boy didn't ask 'why' until he was 5, so although its a pain sometimes now, I was over the moon when he started! He has got 'speech and communication delay' and didn't speak until nearly 4. He still has a smaller vocab than his peers and has pronunciation trouble when tired or if its a long word, but is doing fantastically well at school with the help that a Statement of Special Needs has provided. If you need any advice then let me know!!! Maz. XX

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Apr 2004 18:46

Any why not, Mary Bonner? How was the chicken? Ginger nut orange in mouth!

Mary

Mary Report 1 Apr 2004 18:57

Ginger. In your case a MELON might be a better fit. Mary. And please dont ask me WHY.

Jacqui

Jacqui Report 1 Apr 2004 19:32

Mrs Bonner - tried coconut (bigger), but dont like hair in mouth!! - that's WHY Ginge!