General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

anyone help in traceing a birth or death certifica

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren

Darren Report 4 Apr 2004 20:05

trying to find out any thing to do with my late father,terence william fisher,born on the 19 august 1943,in blackpool,lancs any info much greatful,thanks

Sandra

Sandra Report 4 Apr 2004 22:24

Hi Darren you could phone GRO (General Register Office) in Southport and if you give them the details they may be able to send relevant certificates. Probably would have to be deceased I think in case of fraud etc. Tel: 0870 243 7788 Sandra

Abigail

Abigail Report 6 Apr 2004 22:18

If you could give me his mother's maiden name I could look on 1837online for you. That gives a volume and page number for that quarter and you would be able to order it from the GRO. I got my father's birth cert. though he was born in 1935. I am not sure what the cut off date it for the restrictions on recent ones. Regards Abigail

Kate

Kate Report 7 Apr 2004 08:16

Darren, Have emailed you direct, Kate