General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Whats Your claim to fame

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Julia

Julia Report 5 Apr 2004 15:34

Mine is havlng the F A Cup on my bed. I'll explain, In the 1960's I lived next door at Loughton, to Ron Greenwood the West Ham manager. And when they won the cup he brought it in to show my Nan who was living with us and was ill at the time and in my bed. It's hard to believe now when I see them on TV with the cup. Julia

Natalie

Natalie Report 5 Apr 2004 16:03

When I was Little Mum and Dad took us tot he theatre to See Russ Abbott in Cinderella, at the time the glass slipper went up childrens sits and Russ Abbott asks for the kids to look under there sits, it was under mine and I got to go up to the stage with the glass slipper and got a kiss of Russ Abbott. I remember at the time he was all sweaty lol Nat

Russell

Russell Report 5 Apr 2004 16:05

I once recorded a backing track of Prince's 1999 for the Grumbleweeds!

Sue

Sue Report 5 Apr 2004 16:06

Mine is having my picture in (I think) the News Chronicle in December 1950 when I was 22 months old. I was in Selfridges looking at the baby dolls. The caption was something like "Please Mummy, I'd like this one. I'll be very good" I was dressed in my best red coat and bonnet trimmed with navy velvet. Very smart! LOL. My Grandmother was a dressmaker and used to make me clothes from the material she had left after making garments for her clients. I still have the photo somewhere. I'll post it on Darren's site if I can find it! Sue

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 5 Apr 2004 16:14

When I was about 4 my Mum had taken my brother and me to the Christmas service in George Square, Glasgow. It was being filmed live on T.V. When it came to saying "The Lord's Prayer", the 1st child - "Our Father who art in heaven" Then to me "HAROLD is your name"!!!!! I think my mum was more embarrassed than me, as I didn't know I'd made a mistake. Thankfully no videos in those days.

Penny

Penny Report 5 Apr 2004 16:28

In 1986 I was a contestant on Blind date the second series. I didnt win though!!! Penny