General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

gc membership

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 6 Apr 2004 11:49

I have been prevented from leaving messages on the boards this morning by GC, I recieved an e-mail stating that my membership was due for renewal.When i tried to leave messages i was prevented because my membership was'out of date'. Infact its not due to be renewed until 19th April,,so GC owe me 2 weeks membership....im outraged,,,seething,,,foaming,,,

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 6 Apr 2004 11:54

Judging by a few other messages GC are inclined to 'jump the gun' when it comes to renewing memberships - they cut people off a couple of weeks ahead. Once upon a time it was only that you could not e-mail others if you were not a full member, they changed the rules with no or very little warning. Certainly they did not warn that memberships had to be renewed ahead of time. As a result they have lost a few members. Kathleen