General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Childhood Memories

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sam

Sam Report 6 Apr 2004 19:31

What memories do you have from your childhood?

John

John Report 6 Apr 2004 19:46

There is a "What is your earliest memory" thread on page 13.

Sam

Sam Report 6 Apr 2004 21:40

Firstly I remember a red hot Summer in 1976 ( I think it was that year). I also remember (not so good memories ) being bullied on my first day at school. I also remember going for walks to the park and going to the pictures to see "Grease" with my mum.

Sam

Sam Report 6 Apr 2004 22:37

Does anyone remember potted meat?

Jan

Jan Report 7 Apr 2004 09:22

Samantha wasn't that the year we were plagued with ladybirds!!!!! I would have been 4 I remember going to Blackpool and there were the little buggers everywhere! I do remember in that heatwave too my nan buying me and my brother a sun hat and on the way home we had the most horrendous thunder storm!! we got soaked and had to shelter under a shop canopy. Bizzare what you remember. Jan x

Cheryl

Cheryl Report 7 Apr 2004 10:51

I remember potted meat my great gran used to buy when we went round for tea. We also used to have beetroot with it!!! Cheryl