General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Wireless mouse query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Apr 2004 09:10

Does anyone else have a wireless mouse? I bought one, plus wireless keyboard two weeks ago with my new computer and have just had to change the mouse batteries. (2 weeks, new batteries, sealed pack). There doesn't seem to be a way of shutting the mouse off so the batteries are working all the time. Short of removing the batteries every time I don't see a way out of this. has anyone else found the wireless mouse is heavy on batteries? Lovely to use but expensive if this is the norm. Ann Glos

BillinOz

BillinOz Report 8 Apr 2004 09:14

Ann, not to worry the mouse doesnt use anything just sitting there, only when you use it. Much like your TV control unit. They do have a shelf life, and have probably been sitting in the system for over a year. Bill

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 8 Apr 2004 09:15

Hi Ann, Bought mine,( Logitec ) about three weeks ago,and still going strong. Make sure,that when buying batteries,they are a good make,and that the `sell by date`is Ok. You should have at least 6/12 weeks use from them,as the current drain is very,very small. Barry.

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Apr 2004 09:22

Hi, Thanks for that. The batteries are Duracell, new pack, date on them Mar 2010. I hav noted todays date on putting in the new batteries. Ann Glos

Michelle

Michelle Report 8 Apr 2004 09:40

Ann are you sure it's the batteries? Make sure the detector thingy (I know all the technical term, you know!!!!?!!!) which picks up mouse signal is close enough to mouse and if that has confused you, let me know and I'll get my son to tell me exactly what I should have written. I'm sorry, had a bad night and not very well. I'm off now, bye. M.

Crista

Crista Report 8 Apr 2004 09:46

Ann, I use rechargable batteries in mine. Crista

AnninGlos

AnninGlos Report 8 Apr 2004 15:34

Crista, Mine says not to use rechargeable otherwise i would. Morfydd Do you mean have I got it too close? If it was too far away it wouldn't work I assume and it works perfectly when the batteries are OK. Hewlett Packard's answer was to check it for another 2 weeks then if the batteries go again assume there is a fault with it and return to the shop. Ann Glos

Michelle

Michelle Report 8 Apr 2004 17:35

Ann, the thingy I was talking about, is the infra red sensor. What I said was, is make sure it is close enough to the mouse, so that the signal is picked up. M.