General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

FOR EASTER - so we don't forget

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Apr 2004 05:19

see below

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Apr 2004 05:20

The Old Rugged Cross On a hill far away stood an old rugged cross, The emblem of suffering and shame; And I love that old cross where the dearest and best For a world of lost sinners was slain. So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown. O that old rugged cross, so despised by the world, Has a wondrous attraction for me; For the dear Lamb of God left His glory above To bear it to dark Calvary. In that old rugged cross, stained with blood so divine, A wondrous beauty I see, For 'twas on that old cross Jesus suffered and died, To pardon and sanctify me. To the old rugged cross I will ever be true; Its shame and reproach gladly bear; Then He'll call me some day to my home far away, Where His glory forever I'll share. So I'll cherish the old rugged cross, Till my trophies at last I lay down; I will cling to the old rugged cross, And exchange it some day for a crown. Words & Music: George Bennard, 1913 Sequence: Cathouse Pandemonium, Ltd

Sue

Sue Report 9 Apr 2004 08:23

Well said She! Easter is not just a time for hot cross buns and chocolate eggs! I have just looked at the TV schedules for today and not once does it mention Good Friday, let alone any religious programmes. I know we are supposed to be a multi-cultural country, but surely Britain is still predominately a Christian nation and people should not treat Good Friday as just another day! Sorry - off soapbox now! Sue

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 9 Apr 2004 09:18

hiya she, i used to love that song i'd forgotten all about it. my daughter was born on easter monday so easter is even more special to me now, have a great weekend tina xxx

Lynda

Lynda Report 9 Apr 2004 09:40

Hi She How right you are!! I woke up thinking that very thought this morning. If everyone in this world just took time to stop and reflect, maybe we could make it a better place. Wishing you a peaceful Easter. Lynda

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 9 Apr 2004 10:46

Thanks She. Tina - My elder son was born on an Easter Monday morning. When my husband drove home from the hospital there were Morris Dancers in the street - always makes us laugh when we see them. It was so special, as my treasured Mum had died the Easter before. Elisabeth xxx

Lindy

Lindy Report 9 Apr 2004 11:05

She! That is beautiful! Thanks for sharing. Lindy:-)

Pat

Pat Report 9 Apr 2004 12:35

Hi She, we should all remember that Easter is not just an excuse for a holiday and chocolate eggs. Hope you don't mind if I share this poem with you. "The Purpose Driven Life" There was no title on the poem, but the author is Russell Kelfer. You are who you are for a reason. You are part of an intense plan. You're a precious and perfect unique design, Called God's special woman or man. You look like you look for a reason. Our God made no mistake. He knit you together within the womb, You're just what He wanted to make. The parents you have are the ones He chose, And no matter how you may feel, They were custom-designed with God's Plan in mind, And they bear the Master's seal. No, the trauma you faced was not easy. And God wept that it hurt you so; But it was allowed to shape your heart So that into His likeness you'd grow. You are who you are for a reason, You've been formed by the Master's rod. You are who you are, beloved, Because there is a God. Hope you all enjoy it as much as I did. Cheers Pat in Australia. __________________

Tammie

Tammie Report 9 Apr 2004 15:48

Thanks She for that, bought back loads of memories, I dont normally contribute on the boards, in fact this is my first, but thought I should to this, That was my grans favourite song ever, can still see her walking around the house in her pinny singing it, we sang it at her funeral even tho it was June, always brings a tear to my eye hearing it, Tammie PS Have a Happy Easter everyone, X X X

Unknown

Unknown Report 9 Apr 2004 21:04

oh she, its beautiful isn't it? love to sing it with you.

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 11 Apr 2004 02:12

She Thank you for the timely reminder of what Easter is all about. I was shocked yesterday when my granddaughter, who had been taught years ago what Easter meant, asked me to tell her again. It appears that schools these days teach about all other religions - she knows a lot about Muslims - but barely touch on Christianity at all. Kathleen