General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Replies 0

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Report 12 Apr 2004 08:42

Does anyone else get no replies when they put a message on thr RO board or is it just me? I ask for the same help as other people, they get millions of replies and i get a big fat nothing. am now feeling very unloved and helpless cos i was depending on some answers! Sarah

Sarah-Jane

Sarah-Jane Report 12 Apr 2004 09:09

no this seems to happen to me all the time. People respond much quicker to those that they chat to on the chat board. Thank you for replying to me though I feel much better now! xx

Sheila

Sheila Report 12 Apr 2004 10:58

Hi Sarah, You seem to be lucky today :o) youv,e had several replies on the records office maybe everyone is off today and on the computers! Happy hunting Sheila

Rick

Rick Report 12 Apr 2004 13:14

Hi Sarah, I'll always reply if I know the answer - not just to people I chat to. You won't catch me up that early on a lazy bank holiday Monday though !! Rick.

Victoria

Victoria Report 12 Apr 2004 13:31

I'm afraid you have to be really very patient, sometimes I get answers fom people on the boards sometimes I don't. It's really just a case of waiting however have to add I do get really impatient, so I shouldn't be talking really! haha

Linda

Linda Report 13 Apr 2004 11:35

HI Sarah It happens to me all the time, I think in my case it is because I am a daytime user of the boards and most of the messages seem to take place in the evenings but the public library isn't open then. I tend to nudge just before I log off Linda P