General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

A ROSE FOR EASTER

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindy

Lindy Report 12 Apr 2004 14:17

Today is not a bank holiday in the Sunny Algarve so the postman had to do his usual rounds. He is a cheerful young chap but complains that I take too long to answer the door, when he rings the doorbell. ( To deliver registered letters and articles that do not fit in the post box) So he hoots! and hoots! half a dozen houses up the road from mine. I already know the sound of his scooter as do my dogs and we all go scrambling down the stairs to see who gets to the door first. Out the door and down the pathway to the front gate where he hands me a large bulky envelope. Before I continue, I must say something about our postman. He must really love his job because when he hands me my mail he always tells me who and where it is from. So, he hands me this bulky envelope and tries to pronounce "Royal Mail" shakes his head saying "I have no idea what this is" I just smile.....as I know what I would like to say. Inside the envelope is a hand crafted rose in a fine piece of wood. Together with a card with a picture of a beautiful white rose and a delightful hand written message. The last line reads: As a token of our appreciation Bill has handcrafted this "Yorkshire Rose" for you, we hope that you like it. I know this rose by another name "a rambling rose" I have two in my garden a yellow and red one. They were my late Dad's favorite and he loved his roses. This Thursday will be three years that he passed away and I was not with him. Thank you Pat and Bill for this lovely gift, You could not even begin to imagine what this means to me. Kind regards, Lindy and Victor XX

Unknown

Unknown Report 12 Apr 2004 14:52

Oh Lindy - that is lovely xx

Iz

Iz Report 12 Apr 2004 14:56

Lindy, How lovely - it brought a tear to my eye! Isobel

Lynda

Lynda Report 12 Apr 2004 15:11

Dear Lindy I am so pleased for you, that's beautiful. All kind thoughts for you for next Thursday too. Lynda

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 12 Apr 2004 15:19

Lindy Will pass this on to Mum & Dad, they will be so thrilled you like it.They both wanted you to have a bit of Yorkshire. love Janxxx

Lindy

Lindy Report 12 Apr 2004 22:29

Thank you all for your kind words. I too had a tear in my eye or should I say a tear in my eye and a song in my heart. Lindy:-)))))