General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

gencircles

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Samantha

Samantha Report 13 Apr 2004 10:51

hi - read a post on here on fri i think about gencircles & smartmatching - can anyone actually get into the website today? - i uploaded my tree on fri & i am dying to see if there are any matches but it wont let me on! is it a problem their end? thanx sam

Janet

Janet Report 13 Apr 2004 10:54

No, I can't get on - have just tried. Seems as though there's an error on the server, or something. Suggest you try again later today. Hope it's worth the wait for you! Janet

Samantha

Samantha Report 13 Apr 2004 11:00

thanx for the reply - i can put my screwdriver away now & im sure i can hear my computer breathe a sigh of relief ! - no dismantling for him today!! its most annoying cos i am at the beginning of my searching and really keen and impatient! - nevermind!! i ll just have to wait!!!!

Janet

Janet Report 13 Apr 2004 11:11

Don't have too high hopes, Samantha! You may be lucky and get some smartmatches straight away, but then again you may not! I have never had a smartmatch, BUT, as a result of my tree being on gencircles, I was contacted by the great-granddaughter of my grandfather's sister. We knew nothing of his siblings and what had happened to them. But now .... well ...... through this one contact, we've made contact with descendents of one of his brothers too, and best of all, I now have a photograph of my great grandmother and her mother (wearing a crinoline dress). Even though I didn't get smartmatches, I would never have made these discoveries if I hadn't put my tree on gencircles - so don't give up, whatever happens! Good Luck Janet

Samantha

Samantha Report 13 Apr 2004 11:40

hi - gencirlcles(.) com is a website where you load your tree & they check it against other trees that have been load to see if there are any matches. dunno if it works but thought id give it a try

George

George Report 13 Apr 2004 16:55

Where can gencircles be found , they are not on the left hand side, so were are they,can ahyone help this old man new to this CP WORK BEST REGARDS George

Lynn

Lynn Report 13 Apr 2004 18:42

George Gencircles can be found....WWW(.)gencircles(.)com Please remove the barckets Regards Lynn

Bren from Oldham

Bren from Oldham Report 13 Apr 2004 23:53

Hi I have just tried Gencircles and got on right away put the surname Fillingham and came up with some results Bren

Karen

Karen Report 16 Apr 2004 01:07

nudge

Natalie

Natalie Report 16 Apr 2004 10:27

I put my tree on there and didn't get any smartmatches boooooooo. Have to keep looking by meself have a great weekend everyone Nat