General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

If I've promised you lookups.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 13 Apr 2004 21:51

[Note: This is also on the Records Board, but I've added it here in hopes of "the right people" seeing it.] A couple of months ago I told several people I would do lookups after I took care of some "family issues". I was going to start the lookups this Friday, but I was told today that my dad's condition has changed and he has taken a turn for the worse........I am sorry, but I do not know when I will be able to research again. If you are one of the people I have corresponded with, please feel free to post your lookup again and perhaps someone else may be able to help you. I will contact you again, once I am able to resume researching and I would be glad to try to help, if you are still interested. I just don't know when I will have that time.

Unknown

Unknown Report 13 Apr 2004 22:03

Same here, not asked for look up but my heart is with you at this time. God Bless you and yours. Elaine X

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 13 Apr 2004 22:08

Lisa, I was not one of those that asked for anything but really hope your dad's conditions improves. Take care and my thoughts are with you Kim

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 13 Apr 2004 22:54

Hi Lisa, just a note to say I am thinking of you and sending you good wishes. Maz. XX

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 13 Apr 2004 22:56

Hi Lisa, You sent me some information via e-mail. I hope everything is ok and my thoughts are with you. Naomi

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 13 Apr 2004 22:58

Wish your Pa well for me.......Bob

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 13 Apr 2004 23:33

Thank you very much everyone. I was contacted yesterday by the rehabilitation facility (there for a broken ankle and other minor things) because he was unresponsive and they wanted to know "his wishes". He has since been sent to the hospital; I've not heard back from the doctor yet. I'm hoping those who wrote to me originally will see this message, so that I don't have to plow through all of the emails I've saved for the past two months. Thank you for your good thoughts, it means so much to me. :~)

Andy

Andy Report 14 Apr 2004 00:25

Hi Lisa, Sorry to hear that all's not well with your father. I remember you kindly offering me any help if I ever needed any lookups and so on although I haven't actually needed to request any to date. Hope things look better soon. Best wishes to you and your family. Andy.

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 14 Apr 2004 16:09

Thank you very much for both the responses on the board and the emails I am being sent. I thought you might like to hear the latest: I have not been able to speak to my dad yet (he's been asleep every time I call) but apparently the pneumonia they discovered on Monday night isn't what caused his sudden decline. He has a rather severe kidney infection (he only has one kidney and he is diabetic) and he was dehydrated but the hospital staff said he is doing much better. He isn't out of the woods yet, but compared to how we saw him on Saturday, it is a fantastic turnaround. Thank you so much everyone, I'm sure your thoughts and prayers had something to do with his sudden change.

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 14 Apr 2004 17:15

Hi Lisa, Great news that he`s doing better! You must feel better in yourself, now they know whats what, and can treat him accordingly. Our thoughts are still with you, Rebecca