General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

British Gas! AAARRRGH

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 13 Apr 2004 23:09

I am having a nightmare with them. The fuse in my boiler kept blowing a few months ago, the engineer came and replaced the panel and said we needed a power flush. We had the power flush done (after waiting for a month after accepting the quote) in January and the main front room radiator ended up with a hole in. They said they were going to replace the radiator but still haven't. The heating still wasn't working and they came and put in a new motorised valve. Now they wont replace the radiator as we wont pay for the power flush as we feel it was unnecessary. Also the fuse has started blowing again and we have no heating or hot water. AAARRGH

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 13 Apr 2004 23:42

Naomi If your fuse is blowing there is something else wrong. A similar thing happend to us 2 years back, turned out that we had too much electricity coming into our house that was effecting the boiler and light bulbs, they were blowing within about 6 months. The electric is surpose to range between 210 & 250 max over that is dangerous and it is down to the electric supplier. If you ask, they will check it for free, if it turns out to be that, they are obliged to replaced the boiler, if faulty due to the excesive electric supply coming in, which I had them do! Worth checking though

**Sheesh

**Sheesh Report 13 Apr 2004 23:43

Naomi, the heating i could do without - but HOT WATER ohh no!! Seriously, it must be a nightmare.

Natalie

Natalie Report 14 Apr 2004 10:02

I have been havign problems with British Gas aswell, as far as I don't want to use then anymore I got in connect with Southern Electric and they said yes they can do, spoke to British Gas saying I am not using them anymore and they still keep on taking money from my bank account even thou I have cancelled the DD several times. Oh well back on the phone. nat

Louise

Louise Report 14 Apr 2004 11:20

They sent me a red reminder for £180 and I have not got any gas and never had any gas!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 14 Apr 2004 14:19

Kim, It just so happens that British Gas are our electricity suppliers too! Still i will see what they say. Sheila, we do have an immersion for the heater but I'm aggreived that we should have to do this. The problem is we are moving soon so have to get it sorted out. I'll call them about the electricity though.

SueinKent

SueinKent Report 14 Apr 2004 15:11

My aunt died in January and Mum is her executor. To cut a very long story short, between us we contacted all the utilities with no problems except from British Gas who sent a "red telegram letter" threatening forced entry with police in attendance for a bill which BG is "looking into". Mum telephoned them and was told not to worry, just ignore it, Mum wanted to pay this bill, but my sister and I insisted she must not as we don't owe anything. Two weeks ago another bill arrived for the period January to March, how can this be, her house is empty, they are now saying we never sent them a death certificate denying all knowledge of our telephone calls, I could go on and on. My poor mum who is in her 70's is really stressed out over this, it is like knocking your head against a brick wall, I have now made an official complaint and I am waiting to here from them. Sue

BrianW

BrianW Report 14 Apr 2004 15:52

Or there was the story last week of how a Belgian motorist received a speeding ticket for 2,100 mph. "Sorry, must be a fault with our equipment" hardly seems an appropriate answer!