General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

driving test

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 14 Apr 2004 08:44

at the end of this month my daughter takes her driving test she needs to pass so she can go in the police force, it took me 3 times so im no help to her, has anyone got any tips she can use on the big day?? hoping you can help :0) tina xxxxx

Kevin

Kevin Report 14 Apr 2004 13:08

Wear comfortable clothing and shoes that you can feel the peddles in. relax because it is not the end of the world if you fail you can always do it again. you know you can drive so does your instuctor otherwise you wouldn't have the test. don't ask the examiner if you can start again on the reverse parking and reversing around the corner. Just tell them you are doing it again. but if you do have to start again make sure that you do so before you hit the curb not after. Good Luck

Bob

Bob Report 14 Apr 2004 13:26

A couple of large vodkas just before will give her more confidence. Loosen the passenger seat so it wobbles a bit. A friendly comment to the examiner about their clothes along the lines of “that’s nice my granddad’s got one just like it” sets a good tone. Jokes like “What car?” when asked to read a number plate always go down well and if she's really nervous a couple of twenties tucked into her driving licence will help. It goes without saying that she should wear her shortest skirt and plunging neckline. Whilst on the test she should use her horn freely and remember that she still has her L plates which give her the right to ignore pedestrians on crossings and drive straight out of side roads. Speed limits are, of course, advisory and with all those wheels to give them grip, lorries can stop much more quickly than she can. Wish her luck.. Bob

Christine

Christine Report 14 Apr 2004 13:39

lol bob..........my son is doing his soon......im gonna show him your comments so hes fully aware of what he can and cant do......great message!! christine

Natalie

Natalie Report 14 Apr 2004 14:58

I took half a valium before my test to keep me calm. I passed first time. Nat

Julie

Julie Report 14 Apr 2004 16:21

Tina good luck for your daughter i've also got mine this month (30th)

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 Apr 2004 16:31

Tina,I can not remember much about my test except that ,the examiner had a big black leather coat and bald head,looked like the gestapo,I was sooo scared you would not beliveit. He gave me an instruction then repeated it (don't remember what)and I shouted I am not deaf at him ,after that I thought ,I'd blown it,but Guess what passed first time. My best wishes to your daughter.

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 14 Apr 2004 18:33

thanks for all your tips BOB once ive stopped laughing i'll show chantelle your comments im showing everyone this tonight too.me ribs are hurting with laughing julie good luck christine's son good luck too xxx