General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Caron Keating - died

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lucky

Lucky Report 14 Apr 2004 13:11

Just read on AOL news the sad news that Caron Keating once of Blue Peter, has died aged 42. How sad. Never knew she was ill. Had apparently been battling breast cancer for 7 years. Diane

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 14 Apr 2004 13:14

How sad. She is Gloria Hunniford's daughter, isn't she? I didn't even know she had been ill either.

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 14 Apr 2004 13:15

Yes she is her daughter. That is very sad. I believe she has young children too.

Lucky

Lucky Report 14 Apr 2004 13:16

Yes she was, She used to present a show with her mother too. Diane

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom

ஐ+*¨^¨*+e+*¨^¨*+ஐ Mildred Honkinbottom Report 14 Apr 2004 13:33

That is why in the paper today it said that on GMTV Gloria Hunniford was unwell & Penny Smith? had to take over at short notice. What sad news to hear. How horrible for those left behind. My thoughts are with her family today Elaine X :o((

*~*~ Maisie from  Wales. *~*~

*~*~ Maisie from Wales. *~*~ Report 14 Apr 2004 13:37

Babs in Cardiff Very sad news. Such a young age, didn't know she was ill. Our Thoughts and Prayers go to Gloria Hunniford and all of Caron Keatings family.

Christine

Christine Report 14 Apr 2004 13:37

this is another one of those things thats reminds me that life is short.....we should fill every day with something worthwhile, and make sure we dont waste what we have! Must be a terrible time for her family and friends.

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 14 Apr 2004 14:01

Thats' awful news, i hadn't heard. Strangely enough, i thought Gloria Hunniford had breast cancer. Really, really sad. Pam

Unknown

Unknown Report 14 Apr 2004 14:02

It is really sad to hear that news - her poor family

chezzy

chezzy Report 14 Apr 2004 14:38

i didnt even know poor caron was ill or had been battling cancer bravely for the last 7yrs my thoughts are with all her family at this sad time especially her young children.xx

Jan

Jan Report 14 Apr 2004 15:31

I have just read this too its a real shock when someone dies so young with small children. Sometimes life never seems fair. Jan x

Tykerose

Tykerose Report 14 Apr 2004 16:01

What sad news I had read that she was battling with cancer but thought she was winning Our thoughts are with her family Jan

Brenda

Brenda Report 14 Apr 2004 16:26

It takes something as sad as this to remind us we are only mortal and it could happen to any of us.I only spoke with an aunt last week who was upset as two of her neices on the other side of the family had lost their husbands suddenly,within two weeks of each other at the age of 59/60.She said just when they were at the age to enjoy themselves,but what age do you enjoy yourself at? Right now,I think is the answer.My thoughts are with Carons family and my aunts other neices.

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 14 Apr 2004 16:39

How terrible,,,what a sad loss and she was such a lovely attractive girl..Let this be a lesson to all us ladies ,,,i for one .neglect these personal health checks that are so vital. Her poor family must be devasted