General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

tesco

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Apr 2004 10:35

tesco have just delivered my shopping,,, I ordered some wine which is usually wrapped in a bag before its put into another bag. i picked up a carrier,,handles snapped,,bottle of wine in the bottom goes crashing to the floor and takes a chunk out of my new kitchen tiles...I could cry. Iv rang tesco because they didnt deliver my complete order (bread missing) and i mentioned to the girl on the phone,The customer manager is going to ring me back,If the bottle had been wrapped inside another bag it wouldnt have casued the damage, What does everyone else think..? It seems a little whingy but im so upset,

Gillian

Gillian Report 16 Apr 2004 10:47

Do no worry about the bread being missing from your order think of the delicious wine - in the Tale of two cities at one point a cask of red wine falls on the cobbled floor outside the wine shop and the poor with rags soak up the wine and squeeze it into their and their childrens mouths - at least your floor must be squeezy clean will leave it up to you as how to collect it... Live in Italy so perhaps that why am casual about a broken b ottle of wine!!

Susanne

Susanne Report 16 Apr 2004 10:54

Claire, I dont think you are whinging. If the bag was not able to take the weight of the wine then it should have been packed into at least 2 bags. They are the ones at fault and I would at least expect them to pay for the damage to your new tiles. Sue

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Apr 2004 11:56

Thanks guys,,feeling a bit better now,, Tesco rang to say they will pay for the floor tile to be replaced. The wine wasnt lost.,,,just the tile and my temper,,,lol

Karen

Karen Report 16 Apr 2004 11:59

Hi Claire I was in tescos the other day and a bloke had brought a bottle of sherry, he had paid for it and started walking out and the bag broke and the sherry went everywhere, he got a new bottle of sherry for free. You should be treated the same even though you werent in the shop. Good luck, and dont give in without a fight! Karen

Susanne

Susanne Report 16 Apr 2004 12:04

Claire, That is great news, bet they wrap it better in future!! Sue

Kathleen

Kathleen Report 16 Apr 2004 12:18

Claire glad to hear Tesco will replace your floor tiles,you must have been gutted when that happened. Many years ago at Tescos in Penzance,I had bought a tin of emulsion paint,girl packed it in a carrier bag and I stupidly picked the carrier up by its handles, the paint dropped to the floor and burst open exploding all over the girl, the checkout and the floor .The mess was horrendous,I felt such a prat but they were very nice and got me a new tin.I used to feel so embarresed whenever I shpped in there later. My local Asda has a policy that if you break any of your bottles even in the car park they replace them free of charge Hope your floor is sorted soon Kathleen

Claire in Lincs

Claire in Lincs Report 16 Apr 2004 12:57

All of your storied remind of when i was shopping in Sainsburys a few years ago, I picked up a bottle of bleach and popped it in the trolley. It wasnt until we were unloading onto the conveyer belt that I noticed that the bleachy smell was really strong,,I was wearing a lovely navy dress and the bleach had leaked all over it, Sainsburys were very good ,they could see it was their fault and invited me to buy a new dress ,(at any price.!) and take the reciept into them . They bought me a beautiful black beaded dress from Next and I noticed that the tops on the bleach bottles were much more secure after that,

Natalie

Natalie Report 16 Apr 2004 13:54

I Hope the wine wasn't pinot grigio such a wasted lol They should replace the wine.

BrianW

BrianW Report 16 Apr 2004 13:57

We've found Tescos home shopping to be excellent. If anything isn't right they have always given a credit or said to retain an over-delivery (what DO you do with four gallons of milk?) They even rang to query if we really did mean to order 1,000 chickens. Our fault last week though, ordered 12 two and a half kilo packs of baking potatoes instead of 12 loose potatoes: the local store accepted them back and issued a refund.

Lynda

Lynda Report 16 Apr 2004 18:00

Claire Glad to hear that eveything turned out ok. I shop online with Tesco and normally find them very good. Do they deliver wine (hopefully in one piece) with groceries does anyone know?? I alwys thought they charged another fiver to do that. Lynda

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 16 Apr 2004 22:48

A few years ago on a very windy day a trolley blew across the car park at Tesco and put a huge dent in my car - saw it happen. They paid for the repairs in full!! Maz. XX