General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

people who care

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Christine

Christine Report 16 Apr 2004 11:43

i have been a member of this boaord now for about 4 months and i have come to the conclusion that you are the nicest bunch of beings i have ever come accross. I have always been a bit of a 'keep it to yourself' kinda person but i am amazed by the kind and caring words i see here every day for people who are in need of them. I have even been inspired to write the odd comment to people myself....would we be so free to show we care if it was face to face? i dont know.....but im really glad i joined up, and although i have never actually met any of you i think you are a really special bunch!!!

June

June Report 16 Apr 2004 11:59

Hello Christine, Like you I have only been on this site a short time, but I have made some new friends. They all seem very nice on this site and have found them to be very kind and helpfull. Take care June.

Bob

Bob Report 16 Apr 2004 12:08

Amen to that Bob

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 15:59

Could'nt agree more - l have met some of them and they really are a looovely bunch:o) Jude

Cathy at the Top of the Hill

Cathy at the Top of the Hill Report 16 Apr 2004 16:03

Yes,I would agree with everybody! I also have'nt been on the site long & already find myself quite hooked on the Message Boards & felt compelled to partake... However, I do wish people would reply - albeit briefly - if I send them a message. Good weekend everyone!

Ann L from Darlo

Ann L from Darlo Report 16 Apr 2004 17:05

That's lovely Christine what a nice message. Ann

Lynda

Lynda Report 16 Apr 2004 17:50

I couldn't agree more, there are fantastic people on this site. I have had some lovely messages, and thoughts and I am only too pleased to reciprocate to help others in the same way. On a lighter note.. I also enjoy joing in with the light hearted banter, as there is a great sense of humour running through this site. I have sat here and had many a giggle, really cheers you up. Thanks to everybody!! Lynda xx

Christine

Christine Report 16 Apr 2004 19:50

you can make people feel better with kind words but sometimes bringing a smile to a face is just the tonic people need.........there have been plenty of occasions when i have been in stiches looking at some of the messages and some of the conversations on the chat board have had me splitting my sides too......good for the soul!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 20:02

You can say that again Christine ... I have only been a member for a little over 3 weeks, and I have had more help, advice and kindness from people on this site in the last 3 weeks than I've had most of my life. Todays thoughts and prayers for Harley just go to proove it. Elaine X

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 16 Apr 2004 21:18

Christine, I couldn't agree with you more. Until I joined GC I would never have dreamed of 'talking' to people I didn't know For the first couple of weeks I just watched the boards and marvelled at the easiness of the banter that went on. I then got up the courage to try and join in and have been amazed at the response I have received. Best money I have ever spent joining this site. Jean x.

Len of the Chilterns

Len of the Chilterns Report 16 Apr 2004 22:48

Christine Flattery will get you everywhere Love Len

Christine

Christine Report 19 Apr 2004 09:55

call it what you like......flattery.....buttering up.....i think its a great site and it seems others do to!!! christine

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Apr 2004 10:00

Christine, I totally agree, there are some really lovely people on here... it's just a shame that the occasional bit of unpleasantness posp us to tarnish it.. but generally everyones realy nice, friendly and helpful... I can only aspire to be the same. Paul

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Apr 2004 18:44

Hi Christine, like you I have not been on this site long but I have found it has a very nice bunch of people , all willing to help if they can, and I love the laughs some people a willing to share,I don't add a lot but I am getting better at it ,then I thought "how will people get to know me, if I don't get to know them" So hi to you all ,and thanks for all the help you give to everyone Love Margaret.

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 19 Apr 2004 18:50

Christine, Keep the flattery going, I love it. Barry.