General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Barnsley Register Office

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynne

Lynne Report 16 Apr 2004 14:58

Has any one had any recent dealings with Barnsley Register Office? I had been sending for all my certificates from the GRO online, but the wait as we all know has got longer and longer. I decided that it might be quicker in view of all this to go directly to the Register Office. Was I ever wrong? I sent for 2 birth certificates on 27th March and received them this morning. This was with a stamped addressed envelope and the reference numbers. That is almost 3 weeks for 2 Birth certificates. Maybe the GRO is not as bad as we all thought. Does anyone else have any good register office stories? Regards to all Lynne

Unknown

Unknown Report 16 Apr 2004 15:40

Wakefield and Pontefract are brilliant - so helpful and fast :-)

Russell

Russell Report 16 Apr 2004 15:47

Lynne, Middlesbrough and Durham are also excellent, but if tha iver neeads owt from t'tarn ageean, just gizaza shart an arl gitem fo thi!!

Lynne

Lynne Report 16 Apr 2004 16:15

Hi Russell, Thanks for the offer I might take you up on that !!!! I had thought that it might be quicker to walk to Barnsley and get it myself, but it is a long way from Birmingham to Barnsley and my poor old feet couldn't take it. Maybe we should do a poll on the best and worst register offices!!! Regards Lynne