General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Lost Shoes

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darren white

Darren white Report 17 Apr 2004 01:08

Can anyone tell me who it is that always looses one shoe in the street? how do they manage it? More to the point, why? Even seen a pair of 'em lying in the gutter! and strung over the telephone wires! I have never been so drunk, that on the way home, I've decided to remove an item of clothing and place it in the middle of the road (well there was that one time..but we don't talk about that anymore). One Of lifes little mysteries I guess

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 17 Apr 2004 01:25

On a Saturday night in Brighton we get the bodies attached to the shoes left in the gutter after the night clubs have kicked out!

Gem in Wakefield

Gem in Wakefield Report 17 Apr 2004 01:41

Hi One bloke I know was so drunk on the way home he sat on a wall, next to a park. Thinking that he was home he took off his trousers, folded them and placed them next to him. This was about midnight. he sat back down and fell asleep on the wall. He woke up, still half asleep/half drunk, walked to his house, still trouserless, and went to bed., with the remainder of his clothes still on. He woke up about 5am realised what he had done, and went back to the wall. His trousers were still there. He still hasn't lived it down! Gem

Darren white

Darren white Report 17 Apr 2004 01:53

Karen, The shoe tree I can understand, it a tradition and a bloody good one to boot (geddit?)oh well please ya self) it the odd one left in the road that puzzles me. how do they explain it to the wife? And another thing, who goes round tying things to lamp posts? I've come into work tonight to find a teddy bear tied halfway up a lamppost, right outside my window! the office is maned (or is that personed?) 24hrs a day and no-one saw it get there. its sitting there looking at me like a furry sufferagette! Who are these people!!!

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 17 Apr 2004 10:34

Outside the 'delightful' pub at the top of my road - The Tavern on the Hill as featured on 'Britains Hardest Pubs'! - there are a pair of boots hanging over a telephone wire! They have been there I think since NY Eve. Didn't realise that happened elsewhere too! The best thing is to see people who are not from round here do a massive double-take! Maz. XX

June

June Report 17 Apr 2004 10:44

I was driving home one night, there was a thud on the roof of the car then a trainer bounced on to the bonnet and attached itself to my windscreen wiper, so it eventually was put in a bin about 17 miles further nearer the coast/

Lady on Lynchmere Common

Lady on Lynchmere Common Report 17 Apr 2004 18:16

I think the shoe is left by the one legged man. When he comes across a shoe that he likes, he takes off the old shoe and puts the new one on! :))