General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Footie fans - who else will be biting their nails

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 17 Apr 2004 11:17

Being a Spurs fan, I will be chewing mine this afternoon - it only needs us to lose and all around us to win, and we could only be a point off the drop! Hubby is a Gillingham fan but he will be on a plane, so will have to chomp the other hand for him! Is anyone else on here gonna have a hair raising afternoon? I know there are some Leicester fans on GC but who else? Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 17 Apr 2004 11:18

Lynda Pace and Rick Marshall need NOT reply!!!

Trish

Trish Report 17 Apr 2004 11:33

Football? What football??

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Apr 2004 11:39

Well, being a United fan, I shall be waiting to see not only how the fare against Pompey but also as to how Chelsea do - I still hope we'll finish 3rd, we have a string chance. I shall also be watching my local, amatuer side this afternoon (I help run the club). We have little to play for except pride, as we're a dismal 3rd from bottom, but thankfully won't drop any lower - doubful whether we'll climb any higher either though...

Linda

Linda Report 17 Apr 2004 15:48

Dear Maz, We are all Spurs here and ex-Enfield residents also: I actually miss driving my sons to White Hart Lane! (How sad is that!!) You are not alone!

lou from leicestershire

lou from leicestershire Report 17 Apr 2004 17:17

im a leicester fan...nothing more to say..... :-(

Jane

Jane Report 17 Apr 2004 18:13

I'm a Leicester fan.......... have bitten off all 10 fingers now.... don't think i'll bother with my toes !!!!!!!!!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Apr 2004 18:25

Im a Gills fan too, bit of a dissapointing result though.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 17 Apr 2004 20:37

This is how I feel :-(( This is how hubby will feel when he finds out his team are now in the relegation zone :-(((( Thanks Lynda for your valuable input! Maz. XX

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 17 Apr 2004 20:46

Lynda you wouldn't really want us to go down, 'cos then you wouldn't be able to enjoy beating us twice each season would you?? Maz. XX ps hope you also spare a thought for hubby's lot - they are the only team in Kent after all!

Rebecca

Rebecca Report 18 Apr 2004 10:25

Hi All, I know I`m a bit late replying but I have been in shock since yesterday afternoon! POMPEY BEAT MAN U!!!!! :-) :-0 :-) Rebecca (in a very happy house!!)

MaggyfromWestYorkshire

MaggyfromWestYorkshire Report 18 Apr 2004 12:22

Football, what's football? Hasn't anyone on here heard of good old Rugby League?? Maggy

Rick

Rick Report 18 Apr 2004 14:22

Sorry Maz - been away and missed the fun. I can honestly say I don't wan't Spurtz to be relegated. Getting 6 points off another team next season might not be so easy ;-) Rick.

Rick

Rick Report 18 Apr 2004 14:24

p.s. Maggy - dangerous game rugby - pointy ends on the ball - could take someone's eye out. I'll stick to footie.

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 18 Apr 2004 14:27

oh you are back then Rick - they let you out did they ..... ?!

Rick

Rick Report 18 Apr 2004 14:34

:~)