General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Im back!!;0

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbi

Debbi Report 17 Apr 2004 17:44

Just to let those who thought I'd run away or summit that Im back online. The power supply unit decided enough was enough and £30 later Ian and I are finally back with the living(as well as the dead!!). Have for my sins given up smoking now for 3 days so its been a unlivable week with no pc and no fags lol. Still fingers crossed pc will be ok now for awhile and I keep off the fags so the money I will save will buy the next power pack burnt out by too many nights on Gc. Chat soon I hope, Best wishes to all Debbi xx

Pinkie

Pinkie Report 17 Apr 2004 18:24

hi debbie welcome back,well done for stopping smoking i must give it another go again, hope your pc behaves itself now lol take care tina xxx

Sue

Sue Report 17 Apr 2004 18:33

Welcome back Debbi. Keep up the no smoking, the first year is the worst! LOL Sue - fag free for a whole year on 29th April :o))

Debbi

Debbi Report 17 Apr 2004 18:43

I had a awful holiday in some respects as on the thursday before I went I had pluerisy, off to holiday in St leonards on Monday, Tuesday had to see a doc feeling dreadful, had pnuemonia and son had bronchitus. Came back Saturday and the pc packed up.Son finished steroids and antibiotics on Monday and by Tuesday was so ill he had to go back on steroids!! I still had chest pain so saw doc Thursday and had to have xray and 3rd course of antibiotics hebce the giving up smoking But I managed to struggle to Battle and Rye with Ian and Shay, just I sat down a lot!! Still enjoyed it just not as much as if Id been well. So now you know Dumpling lol bet you wish you hadnt asked

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 17 Apr 2004 20:20

Debbi, You`re OK then !! Barry

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 17 Apr 2004 20:44

Debbi, keep off those fags - don't go back 'in prison'! You will find its the best thing you have ever done! Gave up 1 year 2 months ago and yes its hard, but I can enjoy my life now without worrying when/where I will have my next fix - plus my life is likely to be longer now! Hope you are soon feeling the benefits - happy to help with encouragement and advice anytime. Also see the 'non-smoking club' thread by Lynda Pace. Maz. XX

Jill

Jill Report 17 Apr 2004 22:37

Hi Debbi, Sorry that you have been ill. Keep up the good work re not smoking. You may not feel the benefits straight away, but you will. Will you be visiting this area soon? Regards to family and big hug to Shay Jill xx

Unknown

Unknown Report 17 Apr 2004 22:44

Welcome back Debbie - keep off the fags,well done so far and hope you feel fully recovered soon:o) Jude

Debbi

Debbi Report 17 Apr 2004 23:52

Thank you all for your good wishes and support...still havnt had a relapse on the ciggies but know the worse is to come over the next few days. I wont be venturing far at the moment as I really am still not up to full health Jill but hopefully I will make it to you in the not too distant future(car/money/health allowing). Debbi xx

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 17 Apr 2004 23:57

welcome back debbi and well done on giving up, i havent seen u b4 as im new (week old now) lol jo x

maggiewinchester

maggiewinchester Report 18 Apr 2004 01:02

Hi Debbi, I always think the best end to a holiday is getting home! Shame about the power! Hope you and your son are feeling better. Maggie

Debbi

Debbi Report 18 Apr 2004 12:39

Welcome to Gc newbie Joanne.We are a lovely lot here and always ready to give each other support or a helping hand....never be afraid to ask questions, remember we were all newbies once!! Thanks again for the get better wishes and the stop smoking, staying stopped encouragement I have recieved both on this thread and via email. Day 4 now and Im feeling the pinch now I must admit. Debbi(best get fresh patch on)in Devon

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 14:15

you'll be ok, do u drink coffee?

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 18 Apr 2004 16:57

Hi Debbi Welcome back. Well done for giving up smoking. Have you seen the 'cold turkey' thread put on by Lynda Pace? This may help you and encourage other people. Jean x.

Debbi

Debbi Report 18 Apr 2004 22:13

No I dont drink coffee Joanne. Why do you ask? Should I start?? Debbi xx

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 22:21

thats upto u debbi, but i tend to comfort eat and to stop myself, i started drinking cappucino (if u dont like coffee) it stops the cravings, but hypes u up on caffeine lol just a suggestion.

Debbi

Debbi Report 18 Apr 2004 22:26

Lol...just drinking my first coffee....guess I'll be on Gc all night then!! Have lost weight due to illness so can afford a little bit extra but I wont worry too much as summers coming(i hope) and I'll lose weight with rabbit food lol Debbi

Debbi

Debbi Report 19 Apr 2004 12:02

Just to let you all know I am still not smoking and to thank everyone again for the encouragement on here and via email. Jill did you get mt email? Joanne I stayed up far to late after drinking the coffee will give it a miss I think or get some de caf in. Debbi