General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Newspaper Archives

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carol

Carol Report 17 Apr 2004 18:01

I was wondering if anyone could tell me where i might find info on an Eric Eaton, he was in the forces and after the war was visiting London and was killed, the accident itself was so bad that it must have been in the papers, but i dont know how to go about finding the info, i think he was in the air force and was visiting a base in or near London, he was killed along with his best friend Frank Ridge. If anyone has any suggestions i would love to hear from them. Thanks in advance. CAROL

Michelle

Michelle Report 17 Apr 2004 18:07

Carol, when I was looking for info on a relative from Gloucestershire, I contacted Gloucestershire Library and received a copy of a newspaper report from them, so if you look for the main library in the part of London you are interested in, perhaps they will hold copies of old newspapers. M.

Sandi

Sandi Report 17 Apr 2004 18:50

The Colindale Newspaper library would most likely have the paper you are after. If you go to the Colindale website you can search their database and find which newspaper the article would most likely have been reported in. From there you could either go to the Library itself or I think that they have a research service. Good Luck SAndi