General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Message for DEDRAH MOSS.......

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Apr 2004 10:21

Hi Debrah - re the Gypsophila - l have never grown it before,it can be sown from March to May, or September for early flowering the following yr. l did'nt get back out in the garden yesterday,it rained!!!! (how unusual)so hopefully this morning before it starts again. Germination takes 10-14 days, if l sound like l know what l am talking about - l don't,l'm reading it off the packet!!!! Will let you know if l have success!! Jude:o) Sorry Dedrah - l spelt your name as Debrah,have altered it now:o)

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Apr 2004 11:50

nudge:o)

Dedrah

Dedrah Report 18 Apr 2004 14:20

Hi Jude thanks so much for taking the time to reply, but it's the perenniel gypsy I need help with. You plant it and it's supposed to come up every year. It is the one that they sell in florists. Twice I have bought a plant and both times it does well the 1st year then I never see it again. Thanks anyway TTFN Dee

Unknown

Unknown Report 18 Apr 2004 15:29

Dedrah - the one l have is also called Covent Garden White, Alan Titchmarsh seeds.Have you looked in gardening books,or ask at your local garden shop or there might be something on the net:o) Good luck anyway. Jude

Elisabeth

Elisabeth Report 18 Apr 2004 15:31

Jude and Dedrah, I have two clumps in my garden - don't know what sort it is but it comes up each year. I just chop it down to the ground in the spring, when everything is starting to sprout again. (I leave a lot of my perennials looking a bit scruffy all winter to help protect from frost.)