General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BARRY WHITE on AOL???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maggie

Maggie Report 18 Apr 2004 20:37

I am on Aol and they give you the option of having a celebrity to say "Welcome to Aol" Etc Etc. I have downloaded Barry White but I'm obviously doing something wrong as I keep getting that silly women back. Can someone explain in very simple terms what I have to do? Maggie

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 18 Apr 2004 20:42

Maggie, Maybe it`s got something to do with Barry White being `dead` Barry

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 20:42

hi maggie, i have aol and his voice, what u have to do is go to (c) program files, aol, then *sounds* delete the welcome sound,good bye one or mail (depending on what the voice is for, download his voice then just shove it in that aol sounds file, hope that helps jo

Maggie

Maggie Report 18 Apr 2004 20:44

Very funny Baz in Essex!!! Thanks Joanne, going to try and bring him back from the dead now! Maggie

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 20:48

your welcome

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 21:08

did you get on ok maggie?

Maggie

Maggie Report 18 Apr 2004 22:26

Hi Joanne, NO - Done what you said and have downloaded it into the sounds file, but still have the other ones on there, how do I get rid of them? Maggie

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 22:35

click the sound file, right click then delete

Maggie

Maggie Report 18 Apr 2004 22:48

Arghhhh Give up - when I right click it only has a undo delete not a delete? Maggie

Maggie

Maggie Report 18 Apr 2004 22:55

Going to bed now, but I will be back tomorrow and I will get Barry White if its the last thing I do. Goodnight, Maggie

purplehaze

purplehaze Report 18 Apr 2004 22:58

night x