General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

working from home

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fee

Fee Report 19 Apr 2004 09:02

Has anyone found a decent homeworking employer who is legitimate and doesnt require money off their employees?,I mean by homework,work such as stuffing envelopes,Piece work etc.

Sue

Sue Report 19 Apr 2004 10:09

Hi Fiona I was lucky, 14 years ago. I answered an ad in the local paper - which actually gave a local phone number and address. It was for a publishing/typesetting company who wanted manuscripts etc typed. The ad simply said "Do you have a computer? Do you want to work from home?" As I said - I was lucky. I had plenty of well-paid work for 9 years and am still working for the same company, but to a lesser degree - my choice. It's always worth checking the Yellow Pages for that type of company in your area to see if they use outworkers rather than do all the work 'in-house'. Bear in mind, though, that your accuracy must be excellent and that deadlines must be adhered to. Sadly, believe it or not, a lot of manuscripts are now sent out to India for keying! Sue

Zara

Zara Report 19 Apr 2004 15:16

Hi Fiona I'm setting up a business, within the next 6-12 months, possibly sooner if I can get the funding! Anyway, I will be hiring for people doing simple, e-mail processing work for small businesses (on-line), like I'm doing on a small scale now myself. I can soon see getting too many clients for me to handle, so I'll either have to hire or lose business! I'm just getting all the legal bits sorted out, but I can assure you that no 'upfront' fees, scams,spam or spyware will be used & it will be fully legitimate! You can e-mail me if interested. Good Luck Zara

Margaret

Margaret Report 19 Apr 2004 16:02

Zara, you have an interesting proposition there. Please keep us up to date with it!