General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I thought this was most uncanny!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 19 Apr 2004 11:44

A person that has lived along the road from us, for about thirty years, visited us today for the first time into our house. While he was here, the phone rang and a person asked for him by name. it was a friend of his, who had misdialed his number, and got ours. what must be the chances of that occuring? I thought it extremely weird!!!!! Bob

Janet

Janet Report 19 Apr 2004 12:18

Spooky, eh?! I've heard of this sort of thing happening before, and it makes you wonder ....... doesn't it?!

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Apr 2004 14:47

Bob the weirdest thing that happened to me was a few years ago in our local library. I picked up a book about tracing your Scottish ancestors. In it they had some case examples, and lo and behold, there was my husband's ancestors. Talk about coincidences!

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 19 Apr 2004 16:31

One Christmas morning, a message was left on our answering machine for my husband Tom. We didn't recognize the number but phoned back. The person told us his name was Don but that he hadn't phoned us, he didn't know anyone named Tom Jones. Then I went on the phone and rcognized the voice, and yes it was Don a rep. for a firm that called on our company from time to time, he was a very nice man, a gentleman and I liked him. He had retired a few years earlier. But he was emphatic that he hadn't phoned us, didn't even have our number. I later heard from his wife, that he had died a few months later.........................I thought this was uncanny too. Norah