General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

ANY HEAD BANGERS LEFT OUT THERE?????

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Debbi

Debbi Report 19 Apr 2004 12:27

In my youth I loved the heavy metal/rock bands and was quite used to a sore neck from headbanging all night at local village hall headbangers 'disco' lol. Anybody else? WHICH BAND GOT YOUR HEAD BANGING? Debbi

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 19 Apr 2004 13:18

Hi Deb. Yes, I was one of those too. Started a thread on this ages ago and not one person owned up so all this time, i thought it was just me. Seen AC/DC (Fly on the Wall), Iron Maiden (Number of the Beast) Live in Edinburgh. My brother always grassed me up to my mum for headbanging. Wore a "dirty sleevy" as mum called it whic used to be buried in the garden for a while, dragged through oil or whatever to get looking old and tatty as quickly as possible. Ahh those were the days.... Pam

Debbi

Debbi Report 19 Apr 2004 14:52

WOW there are 3 of us, and all female lol. well well.......I didnt see your thread before Pam sorry I would have replied, especially as you have seen my heros AC/DC. I so love Whole lotta Rosie could start 'banging' right now lol. I used to wear baseball boots,tight tight jeans, dirty ole sloppy jo's and a leather, which my mother refused to have in the house cos it smelled(patchouli) lol..had to hang on a nail outside front door. Dont ride bikes anymore, lost to may mates and my bottle if Im honest but still shiver when a 'decent' bike go's past. Do either of you remember Twisted Sister? lol I was mad on them for awhile. Sad huh? Well I'm 40 now and my 14yr old is into AC/DC and Guns 'n' Roses so I still hear it when shes on a 'down' lol. Let me know any other memories you have, cos its making me smile and Im not happy at the mo due to my stopping smoking(which I didnt do when a teen). Maybe Im going backwards !!!! Debbi

Tammie

Tammie Report 19 Apr 2004 15:38

I suppose I'm a relatively young headbanger, only 23, Me and my hubby love anything we can headbang to, we have a variety of cds, from ac/dc to zz top, literally! Hubbys fave are Iron Maiden, but I'm not too fussed as long as I can headbang to it. Anyone got the The Best Heavy Metal Album in World? Fairly new but would highly recommend it, got loads of the classics on there, not too sure on Nickelback been on there tho!

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 19 Apr 2004 17:56

Twisted Sister??? Ohh that's not good! (they were a bit girly for me. Ozzy, AC/DC, Iron Maiden, Motorhead etc etc... My friend David and I used to walk home from the local "disco" in the village hall at about 3am singing Ozzy songs such as Goodbye to Romance, Over the Mountain. Used to see my aunties curtains twitching. Lol! When we see each other now and any of the above (Oh and Rainbow) comes on, there's no stopping us. Can't headband any more though, it hurts! And my body seems to do the over 30s dance which we used to laugh at people for doing, you know the one don't you? My son (8) and daughter (4) both love rock music and practice their air guitars regularly. Pam :~)))

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 19 Apr 2004 19:54

Lou, I remember but you were the only one. Must have posted it at the wrong time. Thought i was a real saddo. Pam :-)

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 19 Apr 2004 20:17

Lou, i know what you mean. I also loved just getting on the back of a bike and just bladeing off somewhere. We used to go to rallies and had the best times. Once, the music festival was called off, the weather was so bad but we didn't care, just pitched the tent and had a ball. I get really jealous of my cousin Karen, who's 32 and married with 2 kids. She has still managed to buy herself a bike and her and hubby still escape at weekends and have even organised a rally where they live.

Andy

Andy Report 20 Apr 2004 18:52

Have seen AC/DC live, three years back and they were great - Angus was brilliant and energetic as ever as well as doing his striptease for Bad Boy Boogie. Unfortunately too young to have seen them in their prime before Bon Scott died. My mate saw them again last year when they performed in Germany with The Rolling Stones and The Cranberries.

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 20 Apr 2004 19:20

ANGUS! ANGUS! He's a wee nutter isn't he? Unfortunately, I didn't see Bonn Scott either but Brian was just as good in my opinion. Lost the bottle for the bike i'm afraid. I think having kids did it because i feel a responsibility not to go and get myself killed unnecessarily. However, hubby and i both want to go and get our full licenses so one day, when we're rich, we can do route 66 on a harley with no helmets... Pam

Tammie

Tammie Report 20 Apr 2004 19:34

Route 66 on a Harley, my dream too, my hubby myself and my sis, have decided were doing it as soon as kids have left home, could be a while tho yet, youngest is only 3!

Debbi

Debbi Report 21 Apr 2004 09:44

Hi All, glad to see this threads lively.Had pc problems so havnt looked for over 24 hours. Saxon lol I remember them, Wheels of Steel and all that!! Plus my bessie mate, Phil, was nicknamed that.Oh those were the day. As soon as Angus was mentioned it started in my head...dnananana ANGUS!! lol I love Whole Lotta Rosie,Touch to much, Highway to Hell...wish I had it on CD.Vinyls are in the loft as I dont have 'record player'(decks I think they are now lol).Only have Back in Black on Cd. Always said Id name my son Bon, after Bon Scott but then didnt ....didnt want people to think he was named after Bon jovi!!! Rainbow....ohhh Man on a Silver Mountain...and anyone like to chill to Journey....thats my saddo music....What about Judus Priest..rememeber them? Keep the memories alive and ride safe ride free people

Debbi

Debbi Report 22 Apr 2004 15:05

Anyone know if there is any truth to the rumour that AC/DC are appearing at a festival some time in August? Debbi

Tammie

Tammie Report 23 Apr 2004 07:44

Heard they were going to the Carling festival, the one where Metallica went last year, not sure if theres any truth in it, Sis informs me if they are, that festival is normally held over Aug Bank Hol Weekend, and she knows one venue is Leeds,

Debbi

Debbi Report 23 Apr 2004 10:39

Now you have said that I remember that when I was told the rumour Leeds and August were mentioned. All excited now lol Debbi ps so how do we find out for sure then?

Tammie

Tammie Report 23 Apr 2004 16:03

http://www.carlinglive(.)com/festival/ has the line up so far, no sign of ac/dc tho, will keep searching tho and hoping! Tammie

Debbi

Debbi Report 24 Apr 2004 16:45

Maybe we should all email AC/DC and ask them to come over just for us...imagine imagine lol Debbi(dreaming) in Devon

Debbi

Debbi Report 26 Apr 2004 18:09

anyone else buy the mail on sunday for the cd? i did...ahhhh the memories. Debbi

Tammie

Tammie Report 26 Apr 2004 21:37

I dont buy newspapers, wot did I miss?

Debbi

Debbi Report 26 Apr 2004 23:33

you missed a sort of rock legends cd part 1(part 2 next sunday). Saxon were on it Kim lol Its not bad at all for a freebie Debbi

Debbi

Debbi Report 30 Apr 2004 18:51

have sent you a reply. Debbi