General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you share a Birthday or other Date?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kevin

Kevin Report 19 Apr 2004 13:04

Does any one share a birthday with an ancestor of theirs, or do any other members of your tree share notable dates? My Great Grandfather on my mothers side and myself share the same birth date, me in 1975 and him in 1888. Also my mothers day of birth was the same as my grandfather on my fathers side date of marriage.

Samantha

Samantha Report 19 Apr 2004 13:29

mum & my nan(dads side) shared the same birthdate also my gradads b.day oct 19th (mums dad) my mums birthday nov 19th my nans birthday dec 19th (mums mum) also my twins share the same birthday - does that count!!!! - tee hee

Samantha

Samantha Report 19 Apr 2004 13:29

mum & my nan(dads side) shared the same birthdate also my gradads b.day oct 19th (mums dad) my mums birthday nov 19th my nans birthday dec 19th (mums mum) also my twins share the same birthday - does that count!!!! - tee hee

Kevin

Kevin Report 19 Apr 2004 13:58

Have also just noticed that my 3 x Great Grandfather shares the same b'day as his son, my 2 x great grandfather, 03/12/1837 and 1866

Bob

Bob Report 19 Apr 2004 14:16

Before anyone gets carried away with these "spooky" coincidences remember the Birthday Paradox, which states that in a random gathering of just 23 people, there are 50:50 odds that at least two of those present have the same birthday. If you don't believe me then go to : http://ourworld.*compuserve.*com/homepages/rajm/tscoin.htm There is a comprehensive explanation of the maths behind it. Bob

Kevin

Kevin Report 19 Apr 2004 15:53

Just been to the above site to read about the Birthday Paradox. Now I have a degree but its not in Maths, so it totally baffled me.

Sue

Sue Report 19 Apr 2004 16:16

One of my Great Grandfathers died 38 years to the day before my younger son was born. I have a first cousin that was born on my 15th birthday and another that was born on my husband's 13th birthday. I was married on my Mum and Dad's 23rd Wedding Anniversary in the same church - does that count? LOL Sue

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256

Maz (the Royal One) in the East End 9256 Report 19 Apr 2004 18:14

My nephew and I have the same birthday. Also my husband has the same birthday as my friend's dog!!!! Maz. XX

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 19 Apr 2004 18:34

Hi Kevin, I share my birthday with the opening day of grouse shooting season.....12 August Barry

Rach

Rach Report 19 Apr 2004 19:41

My mum was born 18th july dad was born 18th may sister born 18th august I was born 17th jan! I just had to be different!

Angela

Angela Report 19 Apr 2004 20:14

My son was born on 30 Oct and shares a birthday with his great grandad and great great grandad (father and son). There were a lot of other family birthdays and anniversaries on that day too. I was born on 11 April, my mum's birthday and she's a twin. Lots of marriages on that date in the family.

Badger Bill, Worthing

Badger Bill, Worthing Report 19 Apr 2004 20:48

My eldest daughter, her daughter and my brother all share the same birth date 19 Feb. Badger Bill

Julie

Julie Report 19 Apr 2004 21:31

i think we were very short of dates when anyone in my family were born i share mine with a cousin ( 15 june ) my sister with another cousin ( 19 may ) my brother with 2 second cousins ( 8 march ) my son with my aunt ( 23 june ) my daughter with a cousins daughter ( 25 jan)

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 19 Apr 2004 21:42

What I do find uncanny is the fact that my parents were married on 4th October, only to find that my husbands parents were also married on 4th October, albeit 10 years later. Norah

Lynn

Lynn Report 20 Apr 2004 07:23

I share my birthday with Prince Charles.He was born 1hour before me on 14th Novenber 1948,and because of this my parents were given 2 large baskets of fruit by the Palace to mark the event.One was dried fruit the other fresh.Then on my first birthday the Daily Sketch newspaper done a spread and took my photo to which I still have the cutting. Lynn

Cindy

Cindy Report 20 Apr 2004 07:30

My hubby shares the same birthday as two of my cousins (brother and sister born 2 years apart). My best girlfriend, great uncle, and step mother all share the same birthday.

VIVinHERTS

VIVinHERTS Report 20 Apr 2004 08:46

I share my birthday, 15th March, with the date of my great great grandparents wedding in 1835 in the same county I was born in (Hertfordshire). It was a real surprise as all the other generations came from London. What makes it even more odd is that I went to college in the town they came from and I knew nothing of this untill 3 months ago. Viv.