General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Witches and the Burning Times

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sarah

Sarah Report 19 Apr 2004 19:40

I was wondering if any records were kept of the men and women persecuted as Witches back in te burning times. I am interested to see if any of my ancestors were accussed of being Witches. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 19 Apr 2004 19:46

http://www.witchesway.net/links/burningtimes/executed.html If you take a look at this it names some witches burnt in Britain. Hope that helps

Unknown

Unknown Report 19 Apr 2004 19:50

Sorry cant help you.Did you see most haunted the other night, they also used to do "swimming", making them be dunked in water with their thumbs tied together with their feet! And they also had to accuse others of the same thing...scary! hope nothing like that did happen to your family.

Lynn

Lynn Report 19 Apr 2004 19:53

Hi Sarah. It's funny you putting on this thread as I watched something the other week on TV about the witchfinder general and I was very happy that I didn't live in that era, as you were treated as a witch for any number of things and killed accordingly.. Lynn