General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

feeling down!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 19 Apr 2004 22:11

hi all, i'm feeling a bit p****d off tonight, i lost my job today, i have been off work sick since november last year with a thyroid problem,and becouse my sick pay from work is about to run out and i will have to go on benefits,they are going to terminate my employment, don't know why i'm fed up cos i was'nt to fussed on the job! oh well,i've got the summer months to look forward to hav'nt i ! i'll feel better tomorrow!!!! chris.

Pumphrey

Pumphrey Report 19 Apr 2004 22:13

Didn't think they could do that when you are off ill. I know that where i work, you get sent to occupational health after a period of time and it can take about 2 years or so before they can get rid of someone completely! Pam

Karen

Karen Report 19 Apr 2004 22:14

Hi Chris Sorry to hear your bad news. I'm sure you will find something else soon. In the meantime, big hug and keep smiling. Karen

Essex Baz

Essex Baz Report 19 Apr 2004 22:16

Hi Christine, Just remember,,,for every door that closes,another opens. Take it in your stride,and take care. Barry.

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 19 Apr 2004 22:16

Oh Chris, Sorry you are feeling so down, and sorry that you have got a thyroid problem. Is it over or underactive or something completely different? Sorry you are feeling down, but as you say, you have got summer to look forward to, and remember, when you are down, the only way is up!!! Love and hugs Norah

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 19 Apr 2004 22:26

pam, i have been to occupational health twice,first time the doctor was'nt very nice, second time a different doctor who was very nice and understood how i felt,he said it would be a long time before i felt right again,which my own doctor has also said, i have an overactive thyroid,i've been having treatment for it but it's gone overactive again,i don't feel as bad as i did in the beginning,but i could'nt do my job as a domestic which is heavy work. work say they have to fill the posistion. anyway,if my pay is going to run out,i have to go onto benefits, i just had to talk to someone about it,thanks for listening. chris.

*****me*****

*****me***** Report 19 Apr 2004 22:50

thanks lorrain,and everyone, as i said,i was'nt to fussed on the job,anyway i'm feeling better already!! chris.