General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Do you lot never go to sleep?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Apr 2004 08:46

I have been having problems with my dog Josie (West Highland Terrier) she has a dickie heart. Anyway I was giving her some TLC at two in the morning, got her settled and there I was wide awake so decided to give GC a hit. I had to smile to myself, it seems when the nation is asleep GC is still buzzing and it's members still tinkling away on the keyboard. It a pity certain essential amenities can't have 24 hrs gusto and enthusiasm - Oh and is'nt it lovely and peaceful that time of day, night whatever! I will probably be doing the moonlight shift on the regular so it's good to know I have someone to type to with the same interests. Do you find that when you talk to a layman about Genealogy they give you a vacant look like you come from a different planet? Anyway ttfn Linda

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Apr 2004 09:42

Hello Daphne Yes I do know that this site is International, and that the majority of the nightshift are them, but a fair wack are UK as well - I was just making conversation. Linda

Brenda

Brenda Report 20 Apr 2004 09:51

Hi Linda when I first joined GC last year I was having terrible trouble getting any sleep and any interest in anything.If it had not been for the people who were on the boards at night to keep me company I don't know what I would have done.They also gave me huge amounts of help and encouragement with my research.I am not on the boards much at that time any more ,but know there is someone there if I am,so if you ever need to be there at that time again you are in goood company.I have made a lot of new friends ,which is nice. I have the same thing with glazed looks when talking to friends about GC and looking for dead people as my partner calls it ,but it keeps me out of the kitchen and eating.LOL

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Apr 2004 10:08

Hello Brenda I must admit I do forget to eat while combing GC and a few good books are still on the bookshelf waiting to be read. GC as you say seems to be a good friend saying I'm here if you need me and fancy a chat. Glad you get as much enjoyment as me. ttfn take care Linda

Linda

Linda Report 20 Apr 2004 11:53

Hi Linda! Well....as the old hymn goes.......'The sun, that bids us rest, is waking our brethren 'neath the western skies.....and hour by hour fresh lips are making Thy wondrous doings heard on high!"