General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Genealogy Bug - oh so true

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Janet

Janet Report 20 Apr 2004 12:00

My sister has just sent me this from the rootsweb London mailing list - I thought some of you would enjoy it WARNING! > Genealogy Bug is very contagious to adults! > SYMPTOMS: > Continual complaint as to need for names, dates, and places > Patient has a blank expression and is sometimes deaf > to spouse and children > > Has no taste for work of any kind except feverishly > looking through records at the library and courthouse > Has compulsion to write letters > Swears at the mail carrier when he does not leave mail > Frequents strange places, such as cemeteries, ruins, > and remote desolate country areas > Makes secret calls at night > Hides telephone bills from spouse > The patient mumbles to himself and has a strange > faraway look in his eyes > > TREATMENT: > Medication is useless. > Disease is not fatal but grows progressively worse > Patient should attend genealogy workshops, subscribe to > genealogy magazines, and be given a quiet corner in the > house where he or she can work alone. > > REMARKS: > The unusual nature of this disease is the sicker the patient gets, > the more he or she enjoys it. > > THERE IS NO KNOWN CURE!

Lindsey

Lindsey Report 20 Apr 2004 12:25

I like it. Its so true. I only started a couple of months ago but now find much of my spare time dedicated to it and even find myself transcribing census records volunterily. Wouldnt give it up tho. Thanks for this story- its brightened my lunchbreak Lindsey

Janet

Janet Report 20 Apr 2004 13:06

Now i know whats wrong with me,wondered what it was.After ten years i have excepted that there is no cure.good to know there are lots of us out there .Good hunting Jan.