General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

GAS VERSUS ELECTRIC

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Auntie Peanut

Auntie Peanut Report 20 Apr 2004 12:14

Which do you prefer. I prefer electricity instead of gas mantles. Electricity to candles (apart from romatic evenings) Gas for heating and gas for cooking. and where would we be without electricity for our computers or is there a gas-powered one out there? Norah

Samantha

Samantha Report 20 Apr 2004 13:26

we used to have gas everything - since moving we have to have electric - THE WHOLE TOWN DOESNT HAVE ANY GAS!! not unless u count calor gas bottles! - i must admit i do miss my gas hob - you know where you are with a gas hob - my electric thing ( halogen i think ) is terrible - you have to turn it down BEFORE IT BOILS so it wont boil over when it does boil!! CONFUSED?! i am!! i expect thats why my hubby does the cooking tee hee

syljo

syljo Report 20 Apr 2004 18:36

Yes, I prefer electric, much cleaner too. In fact, apart from my 6 years in west Africa, I've always had electric. I'm also a little afraid of gas, don't like the smell either. Electric bill quite high though, computer, washing machine, dryer, dishwasher, iron, oven, cooking plate, bread machine, mixer, what have I forgotten???