General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Why do they do it

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 20 Apr 2004 15:54

I have just noticed that someone has been very kind and broke my ariel from my car what did they gain from doing it they cant use it as they just snaped it from the mounting sorry folks but i just had to let of steam

syljo

syljo Report 20 Apr 2004 15:57

This is what I would call a hooligan. Maybe he didn't get enough pocket money from his mother (or father) or if he is older sexually frustrated! Maybe jealous! It's good that we've got a thread where you can let of steam. Albeit more a chat site these days. Somebody once stole a beautiful paeony(not sure how you spell this in English) from my front garden. They must have dug it out with a spade between 1.00 am and 7.00 am. I put a cross in my front garden with the words "Stolen a beautiful paeony. Look in your neighbour's garden, maybe you'll find it." I also put an ad in the local paper. I hoped this way to make the culprit feel ashamed. I had an idea who had done this- the neighbour opposite, who, suspiciously had a paeony in his garden the following year. But I had no proof that he had stole it.

BrianW

BrianW Report 20 Apr 2004 15:57

For the same reason that the smash the windows out of telephone boxes (went past one this morning). But what the reason is, I know not.

Margaret

Margaret Report 20 Apr 2004 16:07

Just heard from my neibour up the road that his car door lock was tampered with last night as well with a screwdriver i dont seem to remember all these things happening when i was a child

Trish

Trish Report 20 Apr 2004 16:16

Margaret, that's because there used to be policemen around every corner.

Margaret

Margaret Report 20 Apr 2004 16:25

Yes Trish and strict parents my husband went scumping apples when he was a kid and got his ears clipped by a policeman and a good hiding from his father when the policeman took him home

Michelle

Michelle Report 20 Apr 2004 22:46

Margaret, there are still strict parents around, not enough, I grant you, but we are still about. M

Bobtanian

Bobtanian Report 20 Apr 2004 23:19

In 1984 my daughter had not long been home after being out for the evening, when three yobbos set fire to her car. When questioned as to Why? the reply was, We wanted to see what it felt like" and "because it was there"