General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Anyone from Epsom please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Apr 2004 17:12

Hi, hope someone can help me. I am going to visit a friend in Epsom General Hopsital tomorrow and havent a clue where it is. Ive looked a the map, but i'm a woman and it doesnt make much sense!! Could someone give me (in very easy stages) directions from the M25 please. Eternally grateful.

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 20 Apr 2004 19:50

Clare am also a woman and i don't drive so if you get lost don't blame me!!! LOL from M25 leave at junction 9 and follow the A24 towards Epsom, the hosp is on the A24 (Dorking Road) and if you find yourself in Epsom town you've gone too far!!! The hosp is on the right as you approach from the M25 Shelli

Sue

Sue Report 20 Apr 2004 19:57

Clare Shelli's directions were very good but she forgot to say that you will drive through Ashtead village before you get to the hospital. You will see all the St Georges flags flying over the shops in Ashtead - very patriotic. Just follow the A24 from M25, it's a direct route, through Ashted towards Epsom and you can't miss the hospital on your right. The parking is a nightmare though! Sue - who has been in Epsom hospital more times than she cares to remember. I have 4 kids! LOL

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 20 Apr 2004 20:01

Sue i was born there too but had one of mine at kingston and the three boys at st heiler's!!!!

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Apr 2004 20:03

Thanks Shelli and Sue. So i need a junction further on M25? She lives in Belmont and I took jct 8 for Reigate when i saw her at home, but i need 9 this time? Sue, hope Maternity is good as thats where she is!

Shelli4

Shelli4 Report 20 Apr 2004 20:16

Clare yep thats right just follow M25 a bit further, be careful when you come off as if i recall correctly theres lots of roundabouts at that junction!!!! but if you follow the A24 towards epsom you shouldn't go wrong good luck Shelli

Lady on Lynchmere Common

Lady on Lynchmere Common Report 20 Apr 2004 20:55

Clare It is a bit confusing when you come off at Junction 9 but stay in the left hand lane, go left ( 1st exit ) at roundabout and the left again ( 1st exit ) at the next roundabout. This is the A24, takes you over the motorway, through Ashtead village and then hospital is on your left after about a mile and a half. Parking is murder at visiting times and the Ayatollah's who run the car parks do clamp. ( boo hiss) You might like to drive past the hospital into Epsom and walk back up if it's a nice day. I work there and they now charge us to park too. Hope your patient is on the mend. Debs

Unknown

Unknown Report 20 Apr 2004 21:23

Thanks Shelli, Sue and 'Lady', I appreciate all your advice, if you see a mad woman driving a Picasso with 2 children in the back looking lost, thats me!! Thanks, Clare.