General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

any duranies out there?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 20 Apr 2004 17:26

Is there anyone going to see Duran Duran ? I'm going back to 15 yeard old on saturday night at wembly--can't wait, Karen

Clitheroelass

Clitheroelass Report 20 Apr 2004 18:10

hi karen irealy envy you iwanted to go but couldnt get any tickets any where(sob sob!!!!!!!!).i would of loved to go,iv even got up early in the mornings to try an win tickets of the radio. i loved john taylor used to think if i married him i wouldnt have to change my name(dreamer). i hope you have a fantastic time!!!!!!! i will just have to make do with the cd. tracy:-)

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 20 Apr 2004 21:56

I went to the NEC last night! Absolutely BRILLIANT!! Simon couldnt sing live for toffee in 1983, but he was superb last night!! John (my favourite) is as sexy as ever!! Sitting here with no voice (too much screaming!) wearing my Duran T-Shirt, and drinking out of my Duran mug! Still on a high! I want to go again!

Janet

Janet Report 21 Apr 2004 09:14

Hi Karen My sisters going on Saturday too. she invited me but I never was a Duranie- I preferred Spandau Ballet!!!!!!!!!!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 21 Apr 2004 10:30

Tracy and Sally Ann, have to agree John was and still is the best.Ihad my photo taken with him when i was 15 but when we got the photos back Johns head was cut off(my dad had taken it-still not forgiven him),then some time later i saw him outside his house in only his pj bottoms no top --i could bearly speak.Still didn't get a photo but he signed my jean jacket.(I wonder why my 9yr old thinks i'm mad !), Karen

Natalie

Natalie Report 21 Apr 2004 10:54

I had Simon on my bedroom walls didn't see the wallpaper for the posters that I had of Duran Duran. Oh those were the days. I was gutted when Simon got married lol nat

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 21 Apr 2004 11:05

Hi Nat, Simon never did it for me but that didn't stop me going to see him when he was doing the round the world yacht race.i cant remember why but somehow me and my friend were given a sticker thing(a very big one at that) that went on the side of the yacht.We were going to swap it every six months and i got it for the first six then we fell out and i never gave it to her(sorry Simone), Karen

Sally-Anne

Sally-Anne Report 21 Apr 2004 22:17

Hi Karen! Do you still have the jacket? You lucky thing!!! I have been on ebay tonight to see if I could pick up anymore tickets, but they are too expensive. Never mind :-(. They sang a couple of songs from their new album - brilliant stuff! I can't wait for it to be released! I am taking my 6 year old to see Busted later in the year, but I will for ever be a Duranny!

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 21 Apr 2004 22:56

Hi Sally Anne, yep i still have it but sadly it doesn't fit anymore,i also have nick,simon and yasmins autographs(how sad do i sound). I was going to see Westlife on 10th april with my 2 girls but that was cancelled so have that to look forward to in June!, Karen

(¯`*•.¸*Karen on the Coast*(¯`*•.¸ Report 25 Apr 2004 21:22

saw duran last night,they were fantastic, sally ann you were right simons singing is so much better than in the 80's, just wish i had tickets to see them again, Karen