General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Norris McWhirter

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 20 Apr 2004 19:49

I remember him and his brother Ross with Roy Castle on Record Breakers - what a great programme!

Barbara

Barbara Report 20 Apr 2004 20:27

Yes, I remember them too. Seems like a long time ago! Barbara

Steven

Steven Report 20 Apr 2004 21:06

I think it was Ross who was murdered by the I.R.A. Steve.

John

John Report 20 Apr 2004 21:50

"..if you want to be the best If you want to beat the rest mmm dedication's what you need..." Cue trumpet solo. What a good solo!!

susie manterfield(high wycombe)

susie manterfield(high wycombe) Report 20 Apr 2004 22:24

john just heard on the news that norris died today susie

John

John Report 20 Apr 2004 22:32

Yes, it is sad news. He seems to have done a lot with his life though.

Unknown

Unknown Report 21 Apr 2004 09:42

Sad to read of the passing of this man - it was a good programme

John

John Report 21 Apr 2004 22:10

I watched the programme on the sub 4 minute mile tonight. I'd forgotten that Norris and Ross had been there when Bannister did the deed!

Naomi in SW

Naomi in SW Report 21 Apr 2004 22:15

What a shame, I loved Record breakers. Roy Castle was wonderful and the Christmas ones were great. Was never the same after he died. I used to enjoy the quirky ones like the hicupping or sneezing people. I wonder if they still hiccup or sneeze?