General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Who does the decorating and DIY job

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Margaret

Margaret Report 21 Apr 2004 21:20

Ok everyone who does the decorating and DIY jobs in your house, the ladies,the gentlemen, or get someone in to do it , i have to put my hands to most of it in our house, hubby hates anything to do with this subject oh sorry he did help his mate to lay our wood flooring that was a first in 34 years of being married.

Angela

Angela Report 21 Apr 2004 21:20

Me! Hubby passes out at the smell of paint. But he does wash up. Angela

PennyDainty

PennyDainty Report 21 Apr 2004 21:24

Margaret, I paste, hubby papers and we both paint. I've even been known to lay a carpet or two, but anything to do with power tools and it's left to him. I'm terrified of them!

Sue

Sue Report 21 Apr 2004 21:35

Always used to share it - especially wallpapering. Hubby was better manhandling the strips than me (in our high-ceilinged houses) but I rollered the edges better!!! Then for some reason we swapped roles and I ended up on the steps. Now we just emulsion - and the ceilings are so low I can paint them without needing steps anyway. We still share the DIY to a degree, but it depends on how quickly the jobs need doing as to whether I just get on and do them or whether I wait for a helping hand!! We're on our 6th home in 27 years and they have all needed a lot of DIY and TLC. If I added it all up I expect it comes out about 50/50. Usually we find that one of us is better at a particular job than the other and so it evens out quite well. Sue

Karen

Karen Report 21 Apr 2004 22:10

I would like to say me, as I live by myself, but after the state of my back bedroom at the mo, I'm going to have to say my Dad, although I am still sweet talking him at the moment to sort out my disaster! I decided to remove the polystrene tiles off my back bedroom ceiling, that part was fine, but then I decided to paint it before artexing it myself with some of that ready made artex stuff, anyway, I'm verticially challenged - 5ft tall!, so after doing a balancing act standing on the end of a ladder trying to paint the ceiling and getting more paint on me I decided to stop before I broke every bone in my body and try something else a little easier like filling in cracks in the wall, which I didnt think was too bad a job, but my Dad advised me not to give up my day job and told me that I had done a cr** job! Thank goodness for Dads :-) Karen