General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Fairy

Fairy Report 23 Apr 2004 12:55

Has anyone paid their £5 to pro.gov.uk, suspended it and not been able to get back on. I've tried it twice now and after paying for my 48 hours, ended up with only 20 munutes. Is it the Governments way of getting even more money out of us?

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Apr 2004 12:57

no, I've not had a problem, although I've not used it for a a few months. I assume you're going back in to resume a session and putting the credit card details back in to resume ?

Fairy

Fairy Report 23 Apr 2004 13:01

Do you HAVE to put in your card number again just to resume? They gave me a code number, I thought I could use that.

Unknown

Unknown Report 23 Apr 2004 13:03

I assumed that originally yes, but it seems not to be the case... to resume the session you re-input your credit card details.

cherub751

cherub751 Report 12 Jun 2004 21:23

£5 is the minimum payment for 48 hours after registering. If you pay £10 and only use £3 in the first 48 hours then you will only have £5 left for further use not £8 as you would expect.

Kim from Sandhurst

Kim from Sandhurst Report 12 Jun 2004 22:25

Joan, Like me, you may be better off going to your local libaray (but check first) and purchasing a £5 voucher. From the day you start using it, it lasts for 6 months. Each time you go on the site you log in and type in voucher number and password. It is much better if you are not needing a lot of look ups in one go, or you want to pace your look ups over a few more days above the 48 hours. Kim

Julia

Julia Report 13 Jun 2004 13:22

Went to the Libary and got my £5 voucher, logged on and then suspended with £1.50p left. When I went back to resume the next day. it would not accept my card, so I lost the money. In future will make sure I have plenty of look up's to do in one go. Julia