General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

DENTIST or FRANKENSTIEN

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lynn

Lynn Report 23 Apr 2004 23:40

I went to the dentist today and he said that he needs to do something with a bit of my gum around a couple of teeth.Now I have always had this standing joke when people ask what I'm having done at the dentist my reply is" they are taking my gums out and leaving my teeth".Well imagine my horror when he said he wanted to ...numb me up and pull my gum away from my teeth ,clean the gum and then stitch it back up ooo eck knees have gone on the wobble just thinking about it much better if he hadn't mentioned it till nearer the time lYNN

Rick

Rick Report 23 Apr 2004 23:43

Lynn - ugh !! Have to go to the dentist too in 2 weeks time. I hate it - you have my sympathy. My dentist also looks about 12, is called "Kit" and goes snowboarding - that alone terrifies me ! Rick.

Lynn

Lynn Report 23 Apr 2004 23:49

But Judith I'm not in any pain but feel sure as hell I will be afterwards Lynn

Rosi Glow

Rosi Glow Report 23 Apr 2004 23:58

Lynn dont worry, when i was a dental nurse some years ago i also had that done to me, it sounds worse than it is, just remember plenty of warm salty water for the first few days and you will be fine. Rosie

Lynn

Lynn Report 24 Apr 2004 01:01

Hi there christine,It is very rare to find a national health dentist as most of them that were have now gone private Lynn

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Apr 2004 08:25

Wish I'd seen this message last night, as I had a Nightmare at the Dentist yesterday. After several weeks of toothache, remembered to ring the dentist when I got to work yesterday. They were running early and said they'd see me if I went round straight away. Brilliant! No time to panic (except I rushed out without my purse!) or have sleepless nights. Ouch it hurt ...... but today it's great and I can eat again. But no Marmite though :-) We are still with the only NHS dentist in our town - very lucky. Rick, can you ask your dentist if he's taking 40-year-old, slightly rounded women on to his list? :)