General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

04/05/1979 - a date to remember!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 24 Apr 2004 20:05

Shortly we'll be celebrating (add another verb if you wish) 25 years of various shades of right wing governments in this country. Do you think we'll get a left wing one again?!

Devon Dweller

Devon Dweller Report 24 Apr 2004 20:14

Was that when she got in? I doubt very much if we'll get left wing like there used to be because they dont seem to exist anymore.

syljo

syljo Report 24 Apr 2004 20:19

What would you suggest? I've run out of ideas. Who on earth could run for next prime minister. Almost as bad as America with George Bush.

John

John Report 25 Apr 2004 08:31

At least Lord Sutch had some good policies.

Jean Durant

Jean Durant Report 25 Apr 2004 08:40

John, No, unfortunately I don't John. The majority of people today seem to care only for themselves. They can't seem to see the bigger picture. Perhaps it is because materially we are so much better off (or appear to be). Where is the orator who can stand up and shout about the injustices that are occurring in our Society? Jean x.

Lynda

Lynda Report 25 Apr 2004 12:03

I agree with Sylvia. Who on earth have we got as alternative? not even the least of the evils. Lynda