General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

raising money for the MS society....

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Rach

Rach Report 24 Apr 2004 20:40

Im thinking of trying to raise some money forthe MS Society. My mum has suffered from it for almost 12 years now. Its is a horrible wasting and disabling disease for which there is no cure. Any ideas on what I can do? Would anyone else be willing to join in? Any suggestions would be great! Thanks...Rach..xxx

Unknown

Unknown Report 24 Apr 2004 21:30

Do you have a hobby that you could bring into use? Years ago, I did a sponsored piano-playing marathon, also led the church choir in a sponsored 'sing'. I have ME and very lucky to be able to work part-time, but not do much else so I make greetings cards. I am now starting to sell them in aid of our local hospice which will shortly be caring for my friend. In our area, there is a sponsored walk along the Kennet and Avon Canal - half the proceeds go to their nominated charity, and the other half to your own choice of charity. You would meet lots of new people on something like that. Good luck, and love to your mum.

Rach

Rach Report 24 Apr 2004 21:56

Mandy Sorry to hear you have ME I had a friend at school who suffered from it and it is awful. Keep smiling Rach...x

Rach

Rach Report 24 Apr 2004 22:55

there are so many charities that can help people. I a few of us put our heads together we could split money between a few chosen charities...