General Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

is there a Public records office for Wales?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

John

John Report 25 Apr 2004 10:16

Is there a seperate Public Records Office for births Deaths & Marriages in Wales or are they all kept at Kew for the british Isles? Sorry if this sounds naive!!

Debra

Debra Report 25 Apr 2004 10:38

If your looking for BMD's you can usually find them at a large local library. I use the National Library at Aberystwyth. Hope this helps. Deb

John

John Report 25 Apr 2004 15:58

thanx, my mother was born in Aberystwyth, but as i live near London I was hoping I could go to the Kew PRO!!! John

Janice

Janice Report 25 Apr 2004 16:01

It's easier to do BMD at the Family Records Centre. Censuses are also there so you can move between the two quite easily. Janice

John

John Report 25 Apr 2004 16:13

thanx Janice, I take it thats the one at Kew? John

Janice

Janice Report 25 Apr 2004 16:29

No. The Family Records Centre is in Islington, about 10 minutes' walk from Angel tube station on the Northern Line. Come out of the tube station, turn left and follow the brown signs. Janice

John

John Report 25 Apr 2004 21:46

Thanxs for the info janice!! John

John

John Report 26 Apr 2004 00:07

bump!!

John

John Report 26 Apr 2004 02:13

sorry lost the thread!!